Elvis/Imposters, Glen Allen, VA, July 20 '11 - POSTPONED!

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis/Imposters, Glen Allen, VA, July 20 '11 - POSTPONED!

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone here going?
Last edited by johnfoyle on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis/Imposters, Glen Allen, VA, July 20 '11

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Bad news...

http://www.965klr.com/elviscostello-postponed/
The Elvis Costello show for tonight at Innsbrook has been postponed due to illness.

Hold on to your tickets. All the info regarding the rescheduled date will be on KLR and 965KLR.com.
You could tell from last night's YouTube videos that EC was losing his voice toward the end of the show.
imthcat

Re: Elvis/Imposters, Glen Allen, VA, July 20 '11

Post by imthcat »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Bad news...

http://www.965klr.com/elviscostello-postponed/
The Elvis Costello show for tonight at Innsbrook has been postponed due to illness.

Hold on to your tickets. All the info regarding the rescheduled date will be on KLR and 965KLR.com.
You could tell from last night's YouTube videos that EC was losing his voice toward the end of the show.

I thought his voice was weak at the Charleston show as well. I don't know why he does three nights on and one night off, he should do one or two shows and then rest his voice for a day or two.

Garry
FAVEHOUR

Re: Elvis/Imposters, Glen Allen, VA, July 20 '11 - POSTPONED

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Shame about this postponement, for all those who were looking forward to it. I had thought about going cause it's relatively close, but wasn't too keen on the venue. And let's face it, it would have been terrible outside tonight!

Let's be optimistic . There are some open days in September before the DC show. Maybe they will reschedule it for then, and put it in a theatre, like the National, and bring the Wheel!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

that's just what will happen doc! maybe by september you'll feel like going again and you'll be ready for your SECOND go-go cage dance!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:that's just what will happen doc! maybe by september you'll feel like going again and you'll be ready for your SECOND go-go cage dance!
Oh, I'm going in September and October! And I'm practicing my moves!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sorry favedave for calling you doc! i get slap happy with our user names etc. :oops: :oops:
blureu

Post by blureu »

It wasn't a wheel show tonight, right?
And No Coffee Table

Right... it was a non-wheel show.

http://www.elviscostello.com/news/innsb ... cement/191
Elvis Costello sincerely regrets that due to illness he is postponing his July 20th Elvis Costello and the Imposters concert date at Innsbrook Pavilion in Richmond, VA.

This show has been rescheduled for Monday August 1 and will remain as "An evening with". All tickets purchased for the July 20 date will be honored for the new date.

Any patron seeking a refund may do so at the point of purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you purchased online from Ticketstobuy, you will be contacted directly via email today.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

favedave,,,with this 8-1 date; if you came to GRAMERCY on 4-1; looks like you can see them April, May, June, July, August, September & October 2011
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA writes
favedave,,,with this 8-1 date; if you came to GRAMERCY on 4-1; looks like you can see them April, May, June, July, August, September & October 2011
Great, thanks for rubbing that in - these are all months when I won't be seeing EC - I've a good mind to go to all the proposed UK shows next year and keep my recordings to myself !! :twisted: :roll:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

we know you would NEVER sulky! stop sulking and move to NEW YORK!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

By the time I re-locate, BA, Elvis would have married a Maori, had 17 kids and be running a surf shack shop on a beach writing sea shanties !! :lol: :roll:
And No Coffee Table

After being rescheduled, it's now been cancelled. Weird.

http://innsbrookafterhours.com/
Unfortunately, the Elvis Costello concert scheduled for August 1 at Innsbrook After Hours has been cancelled. Please return tickets to point of purchase for a refund if you purchased from Capital Ale House. Online, Internet ticket buyers will receive their ticket refund automatically.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

WOW...maybe STEVE had to get back to France as originally scheduled. i believe he is the most other "booked" person in the band! i wonder if this means Borgata bites the dust as well or if it gets an October date!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Was this supposed to be a Spinning Songbook show? If so, that probably explains the cancellation. The 'Songbook set-up was last used in Portland ,Me. this past Thursday. Somebody must have done the maths on the cost of holding on to the crew and set etc. for the best part of a week just for one show and decided that it wasn't worthwhile.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

No, it wasn't set to be a Songbook show. Wonder what happened?
And No Coffee Table

The official site has something of an explanation:

A message to our friends in Richmond, VA.

"We share your regret and disappointment at the recent cancelations in your most excellent town but they were due to circumstances beyond the control of all concerned.

When the original show was postponed due to illness on 20th of July, it was rescheduled with surprising alacrity.

Unfortunately, it seems that this August 1st date did not catch the eye and fancy of the majority of original ticket holders, having made plans to be elsewhere.

Matters of personal well-being, whim or the weather played absolutely no part in the decision to cancel this second show.

It is hoped that we will be able to return to Richmond at a more opportune moment.”