My YouTube Channel Is No More - The End Of An Era

Pretty self-explanatory
docinwestchester

My YouTube Channel Is No More - The End Of An Era

Post by docinwestchester »

Click on any of my links and you'll get the following message:

"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

Artists Den Entertainment LLC
株式会社プレゼントキャスト
株式会社プレゼントキャスト

Sorry about that."

711 videos are gone! Damn. Interestingly, it was two obscure, awful looking, and pretty unwatchable interviews from Japanese TV that killed it. Who knew?

Anyway, I have a Vimeo channel that's a whole lot more lenient than YT when it comes to copyright infringement. Plus I'm creating a new YT channel for my own homemade videos like the EC Beacon and Basie shows. As a great actor/governor once said, "I'll be back".
SoulForHire

Re: My YouTube Channel Is No More - The End Of An Era

Post by SoulForHire »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That SUCKS!!!!

You had the best channel for EC content.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

that is such bullsh*t! thanks for everything while it lasted, doc!
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Though I understand and agree that musicians should make money out of their art, nobody was releasing this stuff on DVD or as official downloads, and as you're not making money out of it, either, it's a shame! Great while it lasted, thanks Doc!
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

:cry:
krm

Post by krm »

It was great as long as it lasted! Thanks Doc! Keep the "Dime channel" alive :-)
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Neil. wrote:Though I understand and agree that musicians should make money out of their art, nobody was releasing this stuff on DVD or as official downloads, and as you're not making money out of it, either, it's a shame!
This is what bothers me the most. I'm not making money off these uploads. In fact, I'm promoting the artist. The Sparkling Day video got about 3,000 views, which about 3,000 more than the "official", record company produced video got....oh yeah, there was none.

I don't upload anything that's commercially available.

So what's the f*ing problem, YouTube?

As a fellow Forum member told me....long live Vimeo. My channel address there is:

http://www.vimeo.com/user5151889/videos

All my EC material will be there eventually. I'll provide the updates. In addition, the more popular videos (eg, Penny Lane at the White House) will be on my new YT channel (elvisisking45).

Enjoy Elvis.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sorry to get home to this sad news...THAT BLOWS!!!! you were the TOPS! :( :( :(
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Shit.

Thank you for the remarkable effort.
I had hoped that it would be an ongoing resource.

Shit.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Once again, Big Business rears it's ugly head and decrees against someone doing them no harm at all except maybe pointing out the flaws in their tiny minds.
Always appreciative of your work, Doc, sorry this has been treated so shamefully - as a maker of ROIR ( to quote dime) I find it shocking that certain artists and their management labels (not Elvis, thankfully - yet) are intent in preventing the recording of live concerts whether as audio or video. Wishing you all the best with the Vimeo :D
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

thanx doc for all. just put no japanese stuff up i guess.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

What everyone else said. Thanks for the trips down memory lane, and showing things I'd never seen.
deerfried

Post by deerfried »

That really sucks. As I look at it, you were curating a video archive of Elvis Costello--a collection unlike any other, and I imagine the artist himself would have no problem with that on principle. Clearly you were not reaping any financial benefit, nor were you depriving EC of revenue -- if anything you were enhancing awareness of of him and promoting his image to a vast audience.

On the other hand, copyright law is copyright law, and those who choose to protect their rights to their property are entitled to do so. I find it really interesting that some media entities are incredibly protective (i.e. my videos of Elvis on Austin City Limits were taken down within hours, and anything from NBC or SNL will be shot down as well), yet others are not. CBS and Letterman's company seem OK with my posting clips of EC on Letterman. And most surprisingly, the copyright-holder to "Spectacle" is perfectly fine with my YouTube channel, which includes every single musical clip from both seasons of Spectacle...and they DO have DVDs in the market to promote and protect.

We're kind of in a wild west stage in the growth of videos and other content online. It's hard to predict when and where the law will be enforced.
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Thanks for your work/sharing appropriately.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.