WELLMONT cancelled/postponed?

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: WELLMONT cancelled/postponed?

Post by bronxapostle »

guess Philly & Boston are next as they are worried for Beacon shows. :cry:

well, three shows postponed in large markets would hopefully guarantee the REVOLVER returning before July dates end.
blureu

Post by blureu »

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... lo_17.html

I'm very sorry to have to postpone our date at the Wellmont Theatre but I would rather disappoint our friends and tickets-holders than cheat them with an inferior show. Having unfortunately contracted bronchitis, the success of the Chicago Theatre show on the 15th of May was in large part thanks to the wonderful crowd and our many willing and good-humoured participants in the Spectacular Spinning Songbook. They inspired 2 and 1/2 hour performance well beyond its occasionally audible vocal limitations. Against the express advice of a doctor but mindful that people had traveled from as far as Cleveland and Lexington for the show in Cincinnati, our show there went ahead on the 16th of May. We enjoyed an incredible welcome of Taft Theatre crowd, my voice rallied for another show or more than two hours but this was at a cost. To proceed further without adequate recovery would risk cancellation of the remaining dates of "The Revolver Tour." We will make every effort to re-schedule the Wellmont Theatre date when "The Revolver" tour rolls out again in not too distant future. Once again, I send my regrets and apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience.
Yours through music. Elvis Costello a.k.a. Napoleon Dynamate - M.C. of The Spectacular Spinning Songbook.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I hope EC ends up writing his memoirs one of these days.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

We will make every effort to re-schedule the Wellmont Theatre date when "The Revolver" tour rolls out again in not too distant future.

That's not very encouraging. Me thinks there will be no Wellmont show at all.

And can we please get a recording of this now famous Chicago show?!
Last edited by docinwestchester on Wed May 18, 2011 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

agree doc...NEXT spinning tour in 2036!!!
deerfried

Post by deerfried »

Wow, such a shame for East Coasters. I feel so lucky to have attended the Chicago show. He sure did drink a lot of hot tea that night, and his voice was certainly not in top form, but boy was he a trooper. A true case of a dedicated
performer feeding on the energy of the audience, which was on its feet about 80% of the way through the show.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

not much upset about this it seems. guess we're all getting old and disinterested. maybe i will just go to the one at the beacon and see if this gets rescheduled. if not, oh well...
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

The announcement on the official site adds the word "promptly" in the sentence "We will make every effort to promptly re-schedule the Wellmont Theatre date when “The Revolver” tour rolls out again in the not too distant future."

It also has a new sentence toward the end: "I am looking forward to resuming the tour at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia on Thursday the 19th of May."
jmm

Post by jmm »

As I speculated elsewhere, expect this will happen end of July when he's back in the area and hopefully will provide some special surprises to make up for the date change

At least we have the Beacon next week to hold us over
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote:As I speculated elsewhere, expect this will happen end of July when he's back in the area and hopefully will provide some special surprises to make up for the date change

At least we have the Beacon next week to hold us over
yeah Jack...just imagine what he DOES give us after the cancellation! it will be an EPIC show!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

And No Coffee Table wrote:The announcement on the official site adds the word "promptly" in the sentence "We will make every effort to promptly re-schedule the Wellmont Theatre date when “The Revolver” tour rolls out again in the not too distant future."

It also has a new sentence toward the end: "I am looking forward to resuming the tour at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia on Thursday the 19th of May."
So, Elvis played 2 1/2 hours in Chicago. That might be the record for the tour. Anyone have the start/end times for these shows? Curious. I don't think he played 2.5 in Oakland or Reno.

I hope he reschedules this show in early August. I'll be on the east coast. Man, that would be cool.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

any rescheduling WOULD be nice. i'm hoping we hear something in the next day or two, otherwise SOMEONE is dragging their feet on this! :( :x :(
jmm

Post by jmm »

Hopefully after the Borgata tickets go on sale they will get this rescheduled
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Medical advice meant it was necessary to rest the voice for one evening but we hope that the patrons of the postponed concert in the Wellmont Theatre in New Jersey will be more than happy with the forthcoming announcements.

looking good all...