Australia in shock - Kylie's Breast Cancer

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bambooneedle

Australia in shock - Kylie's Breast Cancer

Post by bambooneedle »

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_1348634.html . And prime minister, ever the opportunistic prick, had to try to grab a lot of the limelight with his condecending-to-Australians comments like we voted him to be our Papa Smurf or something.

I contemplated the wisdom of celebrating the glory of said breasts with some kind of positive spin on this sad occassion, and it seemed entirely appropriate:
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I wish her well.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I've always liked Kylie. She comes across as very grounded and a gentle human being.

Good luck to her.
corruptio optimi pessima
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Does the board have any more thought offerings on Kylie?

I admire the way she keeps going, how she wows foreign shores with her unique antipodean moves that originate from the way this land down under makes you move and with some seductively catchy and often otherwordly pop songs... I Believe In You, for instance. She's a good representation of us in many cool ways.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

bambooneedle wrote:Does the board have any more thought offerings on Kylie?

I admire the way she keeps going, how she wows foreign shores with her unique antipodean moves that originate from the way this land down under makes you move and with some seductively catchy and often otherwordly pop songs... I Believe In You, for instance. She's a good representation of us in many cool ways.
...and i for one would definitely like to.....etc
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I hope she burns in hell. (Good luck with the cancer treatment though).
signed with love and vicious kisses
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

so lacklustre wrote:I hope she burns in hell. (Good luck with the cancer treatment though).
Hey, she has had her moments... her duet with Nick Cave (Where the Wild Roses Grow), her effort with Towa Tei (GBI - German Bold Italic), not to mention Come Into My World and its wonderfully clever Michel Gondry film clip.

Oh, and her doctor is saying that her operation was a complete success and that due to early detection the cancer has been completely removed.

If there are any positives to come out of this (beyond the fact she will make a complete recovery), that is that with her high profile, perhaps more attention will be paid to the need for more research and for early detection methods to be taken more seriously (mamograms, checking for lumps etc).
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Jackson, that thought had never crossed my mind.... :lol:

:P
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Not a fan at all i'm afraid - her nasal singing voice is about as good as her acting talent! My lack of interest probably stems from the fact that i'm not at all interested in her bum either!! :lol:

Having said that I really do wish her well and hope she recovers.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I wish her the best...but don't think she's any good at all, and actually think she promotes a bad stereotype for women artists. Why does a woman singer need to roll around on the floor and moan in order to sing her song and make music. I don't find it sexy, but insulting to my intelligence. Artists like her fuck the music world up by playing on their sexuality to sell records. It seems now that anybody who makes a record has to be sexy, especially women. This is especially evident in Europe. Where are the fat ugly mother fuckers who can play the hell out of a guitar??!! No she does not turn me on, I'm not the type of guy who gets hot and bothered over someone I'm never going to fuck. Keep 'em separated!!!!!!!!!! Music and sex should be like the separation of church and state.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:Keep 'em separated!!!!!!!!!! Music and sex should be like the separation of church and state.
I would argue that music and sex are almost inseparable.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Tim(e) wrote:
Copenhagen Fan wrote:Keep 'em separated!!!!!!!!!! Music and sex should be like the separation of church and state.
Especially when you're playing both simultaneously...
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:

Where are the fat ugly mother fuckers who can play the hell out of a guitar??!!

Hopefully still playing with Poison Idea.

I'm sure Jerry A & The Slayer Hippy are glad that Pig Champion's making them look thin.
What this world needs is more silly men.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Tim(e) wrote:
Not for me...I don't think of sticking my schlong in Jerry Garcia's cornhole when I listen to the Dead. And I am chronically horny and listen to a lot of Dead. :lol:
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

KING HOARSE YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH THat's the way it should be!!!!!!! Popa CHubby style :lol: :lol: :lol:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:
Tim(e) wrote:
Not for me...I don't think of sticking my schlong in Jerry Garcia's cornhole when I listen to the Dead. And I am chronically horny and listen to a lot of Dead. :lol:
It could depend, I suppose, on the refinement of one's sexuality... Or perhaps the size of one's schlong...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Keep 'em separated!!!!!!!!!!
it's testament to my childhood spent in front of the tv - I read this and immediately thought of the Playtex Cross Your Heart bra commercial that promised to Lift and Separate

All the best to Kylie, anyway.
Like me, the "g" is silent.