Time for another All This Useless Beauty?

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Time for another All This Useless Beauty?

Post by BlueChair »

I remember reading that the original concept for All This Useless Beauty was to take some of the songs he had written for other people, and release his own versions. For example, "You Bowed Down" had been written for Roger McGuinn, "Complicated Shadows" for Johnny Cash, "Why Can't A Man Stand Alone" for Sam Moore, and "All This Useless Beauty" for June Tabor, though some never made it to record (like the Cash and Moore tracks)

After hearing Elvis' version of "For The Stars" and "No Wonder", I really hope he someday releases studio versions of these songs, and I am sure by now there are many other contenders as well.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'll bet there are recorded complete/demo versions somewhere in Elvis' vaults.

I'd love to hear a studio version of Either Side of the Same Town.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Judgement, too.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
migdd

Post by migdd »

As much as it is performed live and as well as it seems to fit in with the other new songs debuted in April, I wouldn't be surprised if The Judgement turns up on the next album.
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

If it is another ATUB, should it be an EC and the Attractions album :?:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

I would like to hear his (studio)version of 'The Scarlet Tide'.

And also of 'The Girl In The Other Room' - the song, not the album. Maybe he will do his version of it with The Metropole Orchestra in The Hague or in New York.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

BlueChair wrote:The Judgement, too.
There's pretty decent BBC studio version, from September 2002, of this available in bootleg circles.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Punishing Kiss, Passionate Fight, Couldn't You Keep That To Yourself? and You Stole My Bell deserve to be on an EC album. They would suit one not sounding too unlike ATUB or Brutal Youth.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

He plays a mean Unwanted Number too.

Oh, and The Judgement was perhaps the best song of the night when the Imps played Stockholm. Don't Give Up On Me wasn't out yet, and it impressed me so much I could even sing about half the song to a friend who couldn't go, and there was a great gnashing of teeth on his part, hopefully 'cause he would have liked to be there.

Wouldn't it be great if Now Ain't The Time For Your Tears was released as a remastered double disc, with disc two consisting of the much-circulated demos as well as the released version of the album with EC's vocals instead of Wendy's, or maybe even a fake duet or two?