Worst Albums Ever!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

Worst Albums Ever!

Post by martinfoyle »

...and amazingly it doesn't include For The Stars!

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/musi ... 353672.ece
bobster

Post by bobster »

I like "For the Stars'! Nyahh.

But I hope we can all agree that not one of these albums (with the possible exception of that Duran Duran thingy) can possibly hold a candle to Planet P Project's "Pink World"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... nce&n=5174

Okay, so apparently some people like it. But I actually wrote a short review of this thing, which was naturally released on pink vinyl -- long since lost to the shrouds of time -- as an intern for the long forgotten Rock Magazine. My grade: F+ (the plus was because I couldn't hear any wrong notes.)

Of course, I also hate "The Wall" with a pretty fiery passion.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I can't believe they included My Beauty.
What this world needs is more silly men.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I think that citing Metal Machine Music as one of the worst records ever made is playing right into Lou Reed's elaborate joke in much the same way that audiences would get legimitately pissed at Andy Kaufman's Tony Clifton to the point that he had to wear riot gear on stage. The whole album is a glorious fuck you to anyone who'd compose such a list in the first place, right down to the liner notes where Reed boasts that "my week is your year."
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Duran Duran's Thank You is responsible for me getting mentioned on the radio.

My mate was reviewing it on a London radio station and they played their version of Watching the Detectives. My mate said "One of my mate's [insert my name here] will hate that". He was right.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
dan dirty ape

Post by dan dirty ape »

Q magazine is now so insubstantial you can pretty much read it cover to cover on a 40 minute train journey. Included in that list is the sub-column 'Rescued! Five albums that aren't as bad as you think' which includes Wings' 'Band On The Run', an album that's surely always been widely regarded as one of Paul McCartney's better post-Beatles records, not shit like 'you thought'. If they'd made a case for something more generally reviled of his like 'Press To Play' and then said why in more than a paragraph it would have been far more interesting. That Kevin Rowland album's only included because of the front cover and because it sold nothing. It's no better or worse than his other solo album 'The Wanderer'. Q kind of became the music magazine for people who aren't really that arsed with music a while ago.