February 28th = day of awesomeness

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Only eight days to go. I feel my awesomeness increasing by the inch, I mean, day :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

This pumps my 'nads.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Why such a long delay between the Australia/Japan release and the US/UK release? I want this NOW, dammit! :)
It was released early in Australia to capitalise on him being the featured artist at the Sydney festival (didn't work though, the album failed to make the top 50, not helped by him failing to play any other Aussie cities) and he was supposed to play Japan too but then that was cancelled.

As the US tour didn't start till later I guess they figured they'd try to synchronise the US release closer to the tour dates.

Hey, we're not usually "first" for stuff down here (The Right Spectacle only came out a couple of weeks ago, for example) so know you know how we usually feel when EC comes out with new stuff and we have to wait for it! :wink:

When I gave EC a copy of My Flame Burns Blue to sign he said "Wow! Even I don't have a copy of this yet!" and he actually gave the CD booklet the once over, so I guess it was the first time he'd seen the finished product.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Kinda weird for the august Deutsche Gramophon to use teenie band marketing techniques, no?

CD-WOW came good and finally sent mine last week, whilst I was away. So Feb 28th will be just another day.

It's a good release, but it isn't THAT good. saturday Feb 20 wasn't a day of awesomeness, I'm afraid. More on the original thread on this topic...
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
kuanyin

impatient american

Post by kuanyin »

Impatient American that I am, I sent to Japan for it back at the beginning of January. It's great! Way worth the extra expense and I received it (believe it or not) 2 days before it was supposed to be released in Japan. Here's the link:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UCCH-1015

Tara :)
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

February 28th is bigger then the finals of the ADAA Finals (American Dodgeball Association of America), a David and Goliath struggle truer than the bible itself.

Yes, February 28th will be bigger than the World Series, the World Cup, and World War II combined.

I'm jazzed Cotton. Pepper needs a new pair of shorts....

Patches O'Houlihan (deceased)
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

If the release of MFBB signifies a "day of awesomeness", then what will the release of "The River in Reverse" be? An international day of unparalleled satisfaction? :wink:

And what if EC records another album before the end of 2006? Will I be able to stand the excitement?

PoP
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's today yet I don't feel any awesomeness yet or amped out. What should I expect?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
migdd

Post by migdd »

Not feeling particularly jazzed or awesome today, either. A bit of an . . .ummm. . .anti-climax, to say the least!!! :cry:
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Wasn't sure if this should go in this thread or the "North Sea" thread, but either way, I did what I was told and dove with two feet into the Day of Awesomeness. Best Buy had it for $14.

I'm enjoying it, and as I mentioned to someone else, the new arrangements and song debuts (on an EC album) keep it as part of the canon rather than a diversion. I don't know how often I'll listen to it, but I like what I hear. It whets my appetite for the TJL reissue, and even more so for what I assume will be a more upbeat listen with the Toussaint album.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The long-awaited day of awesomeness is here. And I'll be darned if everything doesn't seem a little more awesome today than usual. Which, I thought, was awesome.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I'm buying it on the 29th. Very excited.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Anybody having post-awesomeness let-down?

noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Yeah. March 1st seemes more like the day of blandness. It's a real letdown after the day of awesomeness. But I did manage to feel the awesomeness afterglow for the first couple of hours this morning. Faded by 10.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:This pumps my 'nads.
Ewwww, that was totally gross....I mean, just gag me with a spoon, man!
I'm not angry anymore....