RIP Lou Rawls

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

RIP Lou Rawls

Post by BlueChair »

Lou Rawls, one of soul music's great voices, has died of cancer.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Mus ... index.html
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Misha

Post by Misha »

:cry:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

What a voice. I especially adored his version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," which I played a lot over the past month or so.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

My mother still speaks of the time we were moving from Massachusetts to New York, and I was maybe 2 or 3, but I was singing along with "Natural Man", which was a current AM radio hit. I don't remember that, but I do remember enjoying "You'll Never Find" a few years later. Great voice.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Sad loss indeed. Rich baritone, effortless and cool, and such a long career (complete with name check in Sweet Soul Music).

RIP
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
bobster

Post by bobster »

Lou was definitely the man. And "Natural Man" is one of the great underappreciated pop records of all time. Even made my occasionally reactionary dad a bit angry, so I guess it was political in a Rousseauian sort of a way.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!