Elvis/Imposters play Rochester, NY, 17 June '11

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis/Imposters play Rochester, NY, 17 June '11

Post by bronxapostle »

The Gentleman wrote:"I'll Take Care of You"? Was it a mostly complete rendition or just a snippet?
and who's song is that please? thanks gentleman!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

bronxapostle wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:"I'll Take Care of You"? Was it a mostly complete rendition or just a snippet?
Isn't that a Dixie Chicks song?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

bronxapostle wrote:
Bobby Bland. Elvis' version is on the Rhino Almost Blue.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... are_Of_You
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

my fourth revolver tour show and i finally got to spin the wheel!

my buddy and i got to go up together and were treated to a double-spin. it was amazing, to say the least. first spin we landed on hoover vs. detectives. we begged for both to which he obliged. second spin was king's ransom, an absolute treat! my buddy was also able to give elvis a copy of his band, SPORTS' record which elvis plugged nicely for them and told the audience "nobody steal this one, this is my copy". the LP remained propped up on stage for the rest of the show.

as for the show itself, there were many welcomed surprises. ones that stand out were an incredible version of Stations if the Cross, EC & Steve doing Temptation AND All Grown Up, Almost Blue was amazing, and of course being able to sing the back-ups to Hoover Factory while sitting at the bar on stage will forever be one of the greatest memories i'll ever have! also, the number of impromptu songs was impressive! not that i'm not a fan of the wheel, but it just seemed like the boys REALLY wanted to play last night!!

if you were there, you were treated to one hell of a show!
And No Coffee Table

Thanks for that, monkey2man. Any chance you could comment on the "This Wheel's On Fire"/"The River In Reverse"/"On Your Way Down"/"I'll Take Care Of You"/"This Wheel's On Fire" medley, particularly whether "On Your Way Down" and "I'll Take Care Of You" were full performances or short snippets?
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

jeez! can't believe i forgot to mention that killer medley! also a huge highlight!

the medley was AT LEAST 8 minutes long. he played most of (if not all of) River In Reverse and since i'm not too familiar with On Your Way Down and I'll Take Care Of You, i can't say for sure if he played them in their entirety, but he def played at least a verse and a chorus of each before going back into This Wheel's On Fire to end.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

This show is now on Dime.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

And No Coffee Table wrote:This show is now on Dime.
Specifically: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=367574

The person who uploaded it makes it seem in his comments like the sound is not that great. He must be high. The sound is great.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

SoulForHire wrote:
And No Coffee Table wrote:This show is now on Dime.
Specifically: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=367574

The person who uploaded it makes it seem in his comments like the sound is not that great. He must be high. The sound is great.
Agreed. "Stations" sounds amazing!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

I listened to the entire show over the past 2 days while in the car. Just fantastic. My new favorite from the tour and definitely worth a listen if you haven't already.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

doc,

agreed! i was lucky enough to be there and even luckier to spin the wheel! my friend and I were the ones who spun hoover/detectives and king's ransom. we gave him one of my friend's band's record which he plugged nicely. i was really bummed when no recording surfaced shortly after, but was pleasantly surprised when this was found! great recording, great setlist and an even greater performance!!