The "Youth in Asia"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mr. Average

The "Youth in Asia"

Post by Mr. Average »

Jackie O.....................
Linda McCartney.....................
Johnny Carson............................

With intractable disease, and with a very poor prognosis, the rich and famous can afford to "Check out anytime you like".

It is widely held that Jackie died according to a well-planned schedule...right on schedule.

Same for Linda. Clearly, she had a horrible prognosis, But the conventional wisdom is that she, like Jackie, was quietly euthanized at the time and place of her choosing.

And Ed McMahon had commented that he had spoken with Johnny within the week that he passed. And that he sounded great, joking, and laughing it up. Not what you hear with end-stage emphysema.

Scheduled Death.

Dr. Kervorkian is alive and well, but laying low for the moment, I think.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Damn, Mr. A. For a minute there, I thought A Rope Leash was back in the building...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Much more than a theory, Ms Candy...
it is much more than a theory.

Clearly, however, not one that people here want to discuss. Political-socialites, entertainers, prominent spouses/entertainers. Seems to be appropriate fodder for discussion.

Evidently, it is not. Euthanasia is either accepted as humane and unremarkable, or taboo. I am not sure which. That is why I made the post.

Message received.
"Unpopular opinions not welcome here"

Deep thoughts about censorship, immaturity, and obstinance. Not welcome
Questions about the reality of Euthanasia for the Rich and Famous. Not Appropriate.
Love and recorded collaborations with artists that truly compliment Elvis and the Imosters. Not worth the effort.

Message recieved.

In the best Rope imitation I can muster: Ladies and Gentlemen, beware the formation of social cliques within this little forum. As they form, they are clearly dictating flow, topics, etc. And social cliqus do indeed form within these forums. Two or three conspire, via direct communication or PM to derail another...and it WORKS!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Pssst - Don't post here, we don't want Mr A to think he's popular

Euthanasia should be compulsory for ex prime ministers/presidents.
signed with love and vicious kisses
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Actually, Mr. A, I found your post to be interesting. I just didn't have anything to add.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i have no problems w/ euthanasia. i pulled my mom off a ventilator (it was doctor recommended, and she wanted it gone) and she died the day i did it. years ago now.

if i'm that sick i plan on checking myself out. i see no need to stay past the time i'm enjoying being here. (we needn't go on about depression, suicide, etc. been there. tried that. moved beyond it all.)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I wasn't implying at all that unpopular opinions aren't welcome here. I'd even venture to say that the vast majority of us all hold some opinions that others would consider to be unpopular. It's just very strange, intriguing--and, yes, creepy--to think that the rich and famous have power over life and death. Not something I would mind discussing...it's just...kinda...well, Rope-ish in its scope, that's all.

I'm not hatin', playa. Play on.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

SoLikeCandy:

My comments were not directed at you at all. I just vented after your post, coincidentally.

Your comments about Ozzie were wonderful, and made me reflect back on his performance as the alcoholic "Mayor" in an one of my all time favorite films, "Do the Right Thing". I am not a big Spike Lee fan at all, but he hit a grandslam with Right Thing.

Right, Mother-sister?

And didn't he play "paprika's" grandfather in the remake of Dr. Doolittle? A fluffy film with a subtle, beautiful, and little understood reference to the Usual Suspects ("I am Kaiser Soze!") and the best dog voiceover for a mutt ever. And Albert Brooks wasn't too bad as the sick Tiger, reminiscent of Burt Larr as the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz.

Sorry I vented, but when it became obvious that people were beginning to play some seriousm hurtful games (and I am not referring to the WHAR saga), I vented. Most don't see it, but there is an undercurrent of control and insidious exclusion going on. It has happened before. I don't care if it excludes me. That isn't my concern. It derails the topic content...makes it mind-numbing and challenging issues become unacceptable.

The gamesmanship makes this place a less enjoybale place to be. And for the simpletons who think that this is all about Mr Average coming to the aid of WHAR, you are missing the point entirely. I wanted the guy to go, but I would have preferred it if he wasn't provoked to the point that he would exit, stage left, as scheduled by someone else.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

This is the first time I've seen the thread (sick kids, deadlines...) It's an interesting topic. I've heard the rumor about Jackie O. But I haven't seen much to suggest the same thing for Carson. As for unexpected, the uncle for whom I was named died from complications of emphysema. He was doing better after receiving a new treatment, and he had given up smoking (finally), but quite suddenly, his lungs just quit on him. Not saying that's what happened to Johnny, just that it's possible to be taken by surprise, even with emphysema.

And I don't know what the behind-the-scenes stuff that you're referring to is, but I must admit that when I read your first post (before I read the replies), I thought it sounded Rope-ish too. Just the conspiracy angle. That doesn't mean you're not onto something.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

No one owns life, but anyone with a frying pan owns death.

I'm for euthanasia, as I don't think suicide should be considered illegal either. I have utalitarian leanings.

The hard thing is deciding where to draw the proverbial line when the patient is unable to communicate or where it's unclear whether he/she is of sound mind.

Perhaps some sort of contract will have to be written at some point, or maybe every ten years or so, with a lawyer present and a doctor guaranteeing sanity, and then close family's approval when uncertain. There, my penny's worth.
What this world needs is more silly men.