Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nice one Celtic!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey...some performance by Celtic weren't it. They were under the cosh a wee bit, but they held their own for parts of the game - even having a few half-decent attacks! Absolutely magic! Villareal in the next round...don't know much about them.
Those two lads, Marshall and Kennedy were brilliant...some performance considering they've barely started a game for Celtic.

Houllier's gone at the end of the season...but I think that's been fairly evident from about 3 games in. Spent a lot of money, and not got much from it apart from one good season. I saw a load of their games that season, and the key to their success...Gary McAllister. He tied everything up for them. Why didn't they replace him with another central midfield playmaker.

Oh yeah, they had Danny Murphy waiting in the wings..... :lol:
Otis Westinghouse

Sadly I saw none of it, but the goalie sounded heroic, and only 19. Villarreal are ninth in la liga. Very obscure place (to someone who knows Spain very well, I can't even think where it is) and team. I reckon Celtic will win it this year, which will look good on Martin's CV in preparation for his glory years at MU!

Yeah, adieu Houillier, and let's see the 'Pool look like contenders.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Dunno if they can win it, Newcastle, Inter Milan and PSV are all better sides....the toon usually screw up in Europe, but they looked excellent last night, and Inter are Inter.
I think you're right about O'Neill going to ManU...especially seeing as the Dermot Desmond connections there.

Also O'Neill doesn't like horse racing. :lol:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

F*ck off Sven. WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

You haven't got him....Engerland have, ooh aren't they lucky!

Oh, and in reaction to yesterday Sam.....HARRUMPH!!!!! BLOODY HASSELBAINK..... :cry: :x :cry: :x :cry: :evil: :shock: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:
godgivemestrength

Post by godgivemestrength »

Poor sven...so misunderstood.
"some say that all you need to money to be free from what is poor, well that's the lie of looking up from somewhere down"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It is hard to understand him isn't it.

'pressure isn't the right word'
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Sven is the world's most overrated manager. Claudio is one of the more underrated managers.

If Abramovich were smart, he would hold onto Ranieri and make some judicious squad changes. Unfortunately Kenyon has his ear. I don't know a single Chelsea supporter who likes Kenyon or wants him at the club.

Too bad for Wolves.

Oh, Jimmy Jimmy!!!!
Otis Westinghouse

SLL, the best team won! What a glorious outcome. It's not so long since beating Arsenal would have seemed fairly standard, whereas right now it helps restore some faith. Great goal, and good holding on to a precariously slender lead.

Next up, a rattled Arse lose their nerve mid-week, and Chelsea go through, only to succumb to Real in ther semis, which they make up for by winning all their remaining fixtures, except the MU one, of course, and Arse only manage one draw and seven losses, so it's Chelsea, MU, Arse in the Premiership. Wenger moves on to manage the Chinese national team.

Oh, and despite a valiant struggle, Millwall go down 5-0 to a rampant MU.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Lots of swear words. Is anybody going to bother watching the final? Scant consolation for mu I would think after looking less than impressive in the premier and second rate in Europe. I wish I could be a gracious loser but I can't. :evil:
signed with love and vicious kisses
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I don't understand the rules....you can't play for England unless you were born and bred here - but you can have a foreign manager? How come? And can a foreign manager really have the teams best interest at heart when they are playing against the managers own country - especially in say the world cup?

I don't rate Sven either. :(

Well done to Man U for kicking the arse!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I heard Radio 5 live say that no team has ever got to 4 semi-finals without winning the final....and yesterday was Millwall's 4th semi-final.

Tip-top sports journalism or just lies, damned lies and statistics....
Otis Westinghouse

Neither, just a very unWise thing to point out ...!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

HaHa....never thought i'd see the day when I would enjoy a Utd win.... :lol:

Now, i've said it b4 and I'll say it again....COME ON YOU CHELSEA BOYS.....BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Oh.... My.... God!!!!

We did it!!!

CAREFREE!!!!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE...OLE.OLE.....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE.OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE....OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
OLE,OLE,OLE,OLE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

sorry...that was very juvenile of me :oops:
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

What an evening! Incredible that Arse and Real have both been toppled. I do feel sorry for SLL, but then again, they just don't deserve to match our almighty achievement of the treble. Well done to Chelski. Great second goal. Lovely to see Ranieri with tears in his eyes. And amazing to see Monaco get 3 back and knock out the mighty Real. The final could easily be Chelsea v Milan, and Chelsea have what it takes. Now can Arsenal hang onto the Premiership?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Oh my god -my teenage son is in seventh heaven. I've never heard him shout so loud watching the game on TV - he was hoarse and knackered from leaping around for 90 minutes! He was ringing his dad and elder brother who are also Chelsea bonkers every 5 mins throughout the game!They are getting tickets for the semi.

I've never seen him so happy - up he went to his chelsea decked bedroom to play the 'chelsea chelsea' song over and over. Today he is off to Canada for 2 weeks with his dad ski-ing - what a life huh? Lucky bugger!

I envy him.........Our turn soon Jackson? Huh? huh? :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

One of the best games I've seen in ages...well done Chelsea, sooo tight a game though.

Will Monaco be a tough game??? It seems like Morientes and Prso et al have been scoring for fun...they're defence looks suspicious though!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Monaco could be tricky, but I think we can beat them over two legs. We have only conceded one away goal in the CL, and the second leg is at the Bridge.

And, unbelievably, Deportivo La Coruña has now dumped AC Milan out of the competition. I like our chances if we can get to Gelsenkirchen. Depor doesn't travel well, and I think they will beat Porto.

Then again, who knows? This has been a very unpredictable Champions League.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I do love your optimism Gilli :lol:

I think we'll do better next season, but we are MILES behind the leadig pack and need a decent coach like yesterday...

Pleat really doesn't have a clue....Ricketts in the reserves and old man Poyet can make the bench ??? :? :? :? :?
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I do love your optimism Gilli :lol:

I think we'll do better next season, but we are MILES behind the leadig pack and need a decent coach like yesterday...

Pleat really doesn't have a clue....Ricketts in the reserves and old man Poyet can make the bench ??? :? :? :? :?
Mourihno from Porto would be a great manager for you, if you could entice him to White Hart Lane. Speaks English very well, good tactically. I just doubt that Pleat is smart enough to be able to figure it out. His comments about Ranieri being a "gypsy" were disgraceful. And he's fooling himself if he thinks that the gap between Spurs and the top PL clubs is narrowing.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Wow...it's almost a shame that Milan got knocked out, cos Milan v Chels would have been a much better final, and I don't consider Depor to be a big club really. Spose it's to Chelsea's benefit though.

Wonder how Celtic will get on tonight?