Pity Needed.....

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Misha

Pity Needed.....

Post by Misha »

Ok, I would like to have an avatar, but I happen to be challenged in the computer department (read "dork")...

So, that said, anyone want to pm me and walk me through this in BASIC ENGLISH terms that I can understand so I can have a wierd photo next to my name when I post?

The facelss Misha...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
bobster

Post by bobster »

I, too, have been frustrated in this department, despite a few attempts. Hence my famous red X. (I recently got as far as figuring out that "Avatar Images" are different from JPEGs, but that's it.

So, you not only get my pity, you get my shared agony! :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

bobster,

I kind of like the famous red X on you. Makes you look taller.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

You have to find an image that's a jpeg as well as a certain size (Tiny)

I borrowed mine from a friend in the LiveJournal community...she makes them...

I could probably walk you through it..or direct you to a place to find one that you could use...if you want a Costello related avatar.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Ok, everyone, I have three offers, let's see if any of them have enough patience...

:) Thanks...all of you...

Bobster, if I become the Avatar Queen, I'll help you with yours, but Blue is right, you are taller with the x

:lol:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey Bob..I always thought that red x was supposed to be ironic!

If you want an avatar...

1- find any pic off the net, copy it by clicking on the pic with the right mouse button and clicking 'copy'.

2 -Open PAINT in Windows, or any paint package, open up the 'select' tool (its the top right dotted square picture)... click on the right mouse button again and click 'paste' on the white square.

3 - You might have to select the bit of the pic you want, just select it and save it until you get the bit you like using the 'select' tool. Play about abit with the select tool if you're new to it.

4 - Once you've done that, you might have to resize the smaller pic if it's too big to upload. It has to be at most 80 by 80 (you can check the size using Image, then Attribute)...you can make it proportionately smaller using Sketch and Skew button under the Image tab.

5 - Then save the pic, go to your profile when logged in and find it on your computer using 'browse'...then click upload.

I hope this helps....
Misha

Post by Misha »

Thanks everyone for offering to help me, luckily all of you ready and willing, my roommate took pity on me and did it for me!!

Woooo Hoooo.....I have a face for now......

:P :P :P :P
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Bobster, I also like the red x . . . it just feels right. Though I also thought you were cool as Sideshow Bob way back when, but . . . I like the x. I cant explain :wink:
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

You and Pete Townshend Pip... :wink:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Got a feeling inside . . .