Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Fishfinger king

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Fishfinger king »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: Nice that we've reached the May table positions before the year is out. It was only a matter of time.
Indeed.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

A cool 38 points for that one player! You may even move off bottom spot at this rate, JM!

Arse's result was insult added to injury. What were Everton up to in the second half? A day of two nightmare second halves from my point of view. Roll on 2008.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

With only Petrov to play for me today it's a poor week all round looking at the average score. Obviously not many people captained Berb. :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

I'll settle for some Petrov points if it means Liverpool lose!

Now come on Friedel, what about a clean sheet for once?

RIP Phil O'Donnell.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:A cool 38 points for that one player! You may even move off bottom spot at this rate, JM!

Arse's result was insult added to injury. What were Everton up to in the second half? A day of two nightmare second halves from my point of view. Roll on 2008.

I can't figure out what's gone wrong this year in my FFL side. I've bought badly....obviously...and kept faith for too lonf with others. Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Owen have at various times been disastrous investments. Its interesting that I'm mid table in my other league...EC Fans clearly make good managers!
corruptio optimi pessima
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

As for my team, it's not that I've bought badly, but almost always one or two gameweeks too late (except for Ronaldo).
Plus unlucky moves like sitting Nicky Butt on the bench exactly when he scores 8 points. :x

I don't care if Friedel lets in a few goals today as long as Bentley scores a hat-trick. :twisted:
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I put Upson on the bench this week against the mighty Manu and he scored and got Motm.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

That's the best bit of football news I've heard all weekend!

IP: we're both happy - Friedel got 5 points for the penalty save, so 7 in total, and Bentley did nicely too.

Plenty of rotation at the top of the league, with WSS currently top by a point.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Oh my gawd. Brown is resting and Cahill is injured...I'm not going to have 11 men playing at this rate. PleaseletAnelkaplayPleaseletAnelkaplay...
Otis Westinghouse

At home to Derby, but maybe contemplating his return to London and never to play in the white shirt again...

Looked at pundit on FF today, and they recommended Sol Campbell, who I've had all season. They said he might just get his first goal of the season. I thought 'not bleedin' likely' and made him second sub, and of course the inevitable happened.

MU were in total control in the first half, yet sat on that 1-0. They were lucky not to get punished. Arsenal sounded much more convincing, damn them. Roll on the African Nations! Hodgson had a great first half, and then Fulham capitulated.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

So he's definitely off then?

Brown played for 7 minutes AND was yellow carded. What a waste of space. At least Laursen automatically came in for Cahill, but my benched Flamini has replaced Bentley who doesn't even play until tomorrow. Hmmm, very strange.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I'd forgotten all about the New Year's games and was surprised to hear that Fulham-Chelsea had already ended when I got in the car this morning to drive north from Atlantic City. My wife let me listen to games on Sirius all the way to Connecticut - Arsenal-West Ham first (zzzzzzzz....), then the more interesting Villa-Spurs game.

I'm shocked that Chelsea are not further off the pace given the poor quality of the football they've been playing. Just barely scraping by at the moment, held together with duct tape and chicken wire. Sounds like Anelka may well be on his way and that would be nice. Maybe someone at the back as well to shore up the defending. What a bizarre season.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

PlaythingOrPet wrote:but my benched Flamini has replaced Bentley who doesn't even play until tomorrow. Hmmm, very strange.
So it temporarily shows subs as playing as a temporary supposition that the players not yet playing will not play? That would explain why my son's team showed W Ham players as playing when I had put them on the bench for him (in his New Year's sleepover absence). I thought I'd cocked up. Then again, my Bolton defender is still there with 0 when Sol, with his, :oops: :oops: :oops: , 12 points is still on the bench - so I don't quite get it. Maybe because he was second sub and there's no unplayed forward for my first sub Benjani to replace. I'm sure it hasn't done this in the past.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

SAF slags Manure supporters http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 167508.stm (after Tevez story)
Otis Westinghouse

Amusing that he was up among the fans and decided to slag them off as he couldn't shout at the players! They commented on the radio on how quiet it was. I think it's not uncommon at OT. Too many prawn sandwiches, etc. It wasn't the case when I was there, there was lots of heartwarming noise, especially in honour of King Eric, who was visiting for the Christmas do. It's a bit lame that he decides to point the finger at the fan for the underperformance of MU. We got the three points, but we could easily have lost two of them.

Newcastle lose again. Damn, that means Man City win. 6 points from Bolton's Meite and no goals from Anelka. Cool. Coolest of all, apart from Wigan equalising, Friedel saves another penalty and keeps a clean sheet. 11. Almost makes up for my Campbell cock-up.
Last edited by Otis Westinghouse on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Plucky little Wigan walk away from Anfield with a point. Wow, didn't expect that!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Man Shitty 4th, Liverpool 5th.
Otis Westinghouse

Tevez redefines playing a dummy:
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Plucky little Wigan walk away from Anfield with a point. Wow, didn't expect that!
Neither did I, but it got me 6 points for Kirkland and 8 points for Bramble. Brilliant !
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Friedel saves another penalty and keeps a clean sheet.
That's Mr. Friedel to you.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Especially after getting me 13 points!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm also pleased with Friedel's penalty save as along with Bolton's last minute winner it helped get my fixed odds footie bet up. I had Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Everton, Blackburn & Bolton all to win, and will be collecting a cool £210. Well handy at this time of year.
Otis Westinghouse

Nice one - hats off. Bit better £s per min ratio than the £5 I'll get at work for being Manager of the Month, but then I do get the honour of the plaque, for the first time in an obscenely long time.
Otis Westinghouse

Capello is looking forward to having a 'close working relationship with Pearce'. Even when he's become utterly fluent in English, he'll still only understand one word in 10 from Psycho! Every time I see Capello I have a good feeling. I like that serious expression, and the way he reminds me of Lou Reed. I like the fact that he went to tiny Kenilworth Road to see 2 of his squad in action. I like the fact that Wayne came on to show his new national taskmaster what his presence on the pitch can do to a game.

If Tottenham can scrape a win over Reading, we'll see you at Old Trafford!

Anelka not going to Chelsea?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I hope he's happy now.

will be traded to NYRB for the Mathis ham sandwich and some olives (via the Chivas-to-Gals DP slot trade) and a 4th round draft pick.

you read it here first.

A girl can dream. I'm pretty sure a girl named Debbie said it was free.
Like me, the "g" is silent.