Single Edits? Need help!

Pretty self-explanatory
The Walrus

Single Edits? Need help!

Post by The Walrus »

I was going through my collection and noticed that some of my singles are listed as "edits"--meaning shorter edits/cuts were made for radio airplay.

Sometimes they're listed as "edit" or "radio edit" or "single edit" or maybe it's not even listed but they are edits because the song is shorter.

I have "Sulky Girl" and "It's Time" as being edits.

Are there others?

I know of the various remixes--notably from the singles box sets.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

BUY DJ 20, 3 minute radio edit, of Watching The Detectives for starters .
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"Toledo," "God Give Me Strength," "The Bridge I Burned," and "You Bowed Down" all have radio/single edits.

There's an edit of "I Wanna Be Loved" which isn't in the singles boxes but is on the 1985 The Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions CD.

The 7" edit of "A Town Called Big Nothing" is also missing from the singles boxes.

And then there's the "single version" of "I Want You" which doesn't actually appear on the single but can be found on the Girls Girls Girls compilation.

The "Monkey to Man" video has a slightly edited version of the song, but I'm not sure if that's available in any audio format.
The Walrus

Post by The Walrus »

littletriggers wrote:BUY DJ 20, 3 minute radio edit, of Watching The Detectives for starters .
Has this ever appeared on CD? If so, where?
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

The Walrus

Post by The Walrus »

And No Coffee Table wrote:"Toledo," "God Give Me Strength," "The Bridge I Burned," and "You Bowed Down" all have radio/single edits.

There's an edit of "I Wanna Be Loved" which isn't in the singles boxes but is on the 1985 The Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions CD.

The 7" edit of "A Town Called Big Nothing" is also missing from the singles boxes.

And then there's the "single version" of "I Want You" which doesn't actually appear on the single but can be found on the Girls Girls Girls compilation.

The "Monkey to Man" video has a slightly edited version of the song, but I'm not sure if that's available in any audio format.
THANKS! Now to start hunting... Funny, I have the "Toledo" single and sure enough--you're right!
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

The Walrus

Post by The Walrus »

The Walrus wrote:
littletriggers wrote:BUY DJ 20, 3 minute radio edit, of Watching The Detectives for starters .
Has this ever appeared on CD? If so, where?
I know that the singles box set is NOT this edit...

I wonder, is this 3 min. edit on the Stiffs Box set? Or where?
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...