Holiday Libations and potables for other occasions

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

Holiday Libations and potables for other occasions

Post by Jack of All Parades »

A conversation with a friend the other day got me to thinking it might be fun to share a favorite drink recipe, particularly with the impending Holiday Season fast being upon us. With that in mind, I offer the following:

Auld Lang

3/4 ounce Aperol
3/4 ounce St- Germain
3/4 ounce lime juice
3/4 ounce rosemary-infused simple syrup
2 ounces dry sparkling wine
Rosemary sprig for garnish

Yield 1 drink

Shake the Aperol, St-Germain, lime juice and rosemary-infused simple syrup with ice and strain into a champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a large sprig of rosemary.

To make the syrup, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Add 6 rosemary sprigs, turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Let cool, strain out the rosemary, then transfer to a clean jar or bottle. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Here is one more that incorporates my favorite fruit:

Apple Smash

2 large apple slices like Honeycrisp
2 ounces white rum
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1 dash of Bitters
Cinnamon stick

Mash an apple slice in the base of a glass with a muddler. Add ingredients other than the cinnamon; shake and strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a whole apple slice dusted with freshly grated cinnamon.

The simple syrup can be created ahead of time as in the previous recipe.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'