Cannes 2005

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
invisible Pole

Cannes 2005

Post by invisible Pole »

Do you follow the film festival ?

I’ve just read two reviews of Woody Allen’s „Match Point” and both are very favourable.
One interesting thing is that Woody changed location – the story takes place in London, not in New York !!
The critics are delighted with „excellent acting and an intelligent look at present-day morality” and they compare him to „cold, ironist in the vein of Harold Pinter and Joseph Losey”.
Sounds interesting !

Spending most of my „internet time” on this forum :D , I do not follow the new film projects as I used to, so I was quite surprised to see that Jim Jarmusch will be showing his new movie in Cannes as well. The film’s called „Broken Flowers” and it stars Bill Murray, Jessica Lange and Julie Delpy. Has anyone heard/read any reviews ?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

The only recent news I've read about regarding Cannes is that it will feature the debut of the new full feature length Wallace & Gromit film!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Also premiering at Cannes this year is Stoned, a film about Brian Jones.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verena

Post by verena »

I don't know about "Stoned" (!), but I know about Sharon coming.

They said so in the telly (trying some Oxbridge English at times). Bet it's gonna be a riot. Cause we love Sharon here. We do. She is so, so bright (course there are other reasons, but kind of cherry on the cake for us, we are so crazy).

Verena
whar

Post by whar »

I've seen some Sophie Marceau images that made me smile.
(her boobs flew out of her dress)

Cinevegas in June is what I'm looking forward to.
Oy with the poodles, already!