Elvis/Imposters Beacon Theatre New York, NY May 23, 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
SoulForHire

Re: Elvis/Imposters Beacon Theatre New York, NY May 23, 2011

Post by SoulForHire »

bronxapostle wrote:ok gents...promise to do this one first, get it to doc for uploading and MAIL to jmm by saturday!!
BA, is this your recording or someone else's?

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=358626
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SoulForHire wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:ok gents...promise to do this one first, get it to doc for uploading and MAIL to jmm by saturday!!
BA, is this your recording or someone else's?

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=358626
no soul...this is doc's recording for the LAST night. THIS is the 5-23 thread. i decided to take a day off after the VERY hectic week so i sit here now transferring MY 5-23 as it appears i may indeed be the only taper. MAN DOES IT SOUND GREAT! one day, i will CHANGE THE WORLD and have some of you digital dweebs realize that ANALOG OLD SCHOOL CASSETTE IS TOPS!!!! anybody wanna buy my ZOOM digital recorder? srsly, this TAPE smokes. i defy anyone to say digital sounds better than this one! yeh, you too doc!! anyways, i hope to meet up with doc either later today or early tomorrow for the hand off as he is my uploader at dime! never mind baked goods ypsi...how about payment for the day off from nyc doe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: only joshing, pm me your address and i'll mail both you and jmm a copy tomorrow.
susanf

Post by susanf »

Bronxapostle, remember that there is one very anxious female, as well, who is looking forward to this recording tremendously! I was there on Monday, and the Man was on fire! I can't wait to relive this......thank you so much for taping it!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you got it susan...sure hope you dl at dime. how many can i possibly mail out??? and i forgot who was in agreement with me about the BEST ever version of I WANT YOU. there is a video up that is very nice, although clipped at the beginning. however..WAIT TILL YOU HEAR IT FROM MY RECORDING. the sound of the room that night comes through like NO digital recording can EVER hope to capture...SPINE TINGLING!!!
handwashings

Post by handwashings »

I would love to get an mp3 copy of the May 23 show too if there is a way!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah...good news for all the mp3 fans; in case you did not figure THIS taper out yet: LOSSLESS SMOSHLESS, i don't believe in that crapola. ITS A FREAKING BOOTLEG. i'm not looking for your money, to "preserve the sanctity of my dollar fifty cassette recordings" or for your praise. i just want to SHARE THE SOUNDS! however, i would LOVE your appreciation of good old school analog and i believe THIS is the recording that will have some see the integrity of analog recording! so, these will be shared this way too. however, again only with the kind assistance of doc or if anyone else wants to help the cause, please feel free! i am NO computer whiz and therefore have ZERO knowledge of uploading to share in any format! thanks.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Again, I'd love to start an mp3 bootleg index like they do for Springsteen (http://btxmp3index.freeforums.org/). However, it can only contain ba's and my recordings since we are okay with lossy conversions but the vast majority of tapers are not. No other taper's boots are allowed, unless they give us permission somehow.

I guess for now it's best to share CD's by snailmail until I come up with an mp3 index that works...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeh sure...what do i look like: ROCKEFELLER in a dungaree jacket? buy cassettes, batteries, take off from work to transfer to cd, blank cds and postage too! who's buying me two tickets for the BORGATA??? :lol: :lol: :lol: do your mediafire mp3 trick right here in this fookin' thread!!! wanna meet sat or sun in our usual clandestine spot?
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:yeh sure...what do i look like: ROCKEFELLER in a dungaree jacket? buy cassettes, batteries, take off from work to transfer to cd, blank cds and postage too! who's buying me two tickets for the BORGATA??? :lol: :lol: :lol: do your mediafire mp3 trick right here in this fookin' thread!!! wanna meet sat or sun in our usual clandestine spot?
Okay, forget snailmail. The mp3 links will go on these concert threads. Later tonight, maybe. I'm kind of obsessed with my videos right now.

Saturday is good for me - high noon?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

noonish sounds good for tomorrow, give or take an hour either direction. may i call 10:00 ish???
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:noonish sounds good for tomorrow, give or take an hour either direction. may i call 10:00 ish???
ok
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

New poster here, long time reader.

I went to all 3 Beacon shows and it was fantastic. The Tuesday show was the best concert I have ever seen, hands down. Actually, I decided to go to the Tuesday show because I was a little annoyed at Monday night's (which was still great -- we're talking varying degrees of greatness here). The things that annoyed me Monday were: (1) too many "hits", (2) there was only one truly random spin of the wheel, which landed on "Detectives vs. Hoover Factory," and EC only played Detectives whereas other nights he played both. On all other spins, EC moved the wheel to dictate the outcome, in most cases favoring a non-rare song over a rare one. For example, one spin landed on Church Underground, which I was dying to hear, and EC moved it to So Like Candy. This might have been due to (3) the lameness of the crowd, who only wanted to hear the hits. I thought All Grown Up was definitely one of the highlights of that show.

Wednesday was phenominal, both in song choice and the band's performance, and the crowd was great. I got a ticket in the second row, and got to slap hands with EC during "Pills and Soap," and shook hands with him during "Out of Time." Just an unbelievable experience. Looking forward to watching the YouTube vids.
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Spin / A Slow Drag With Josephine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8po9ieoj698
(Is this from May 23?)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes SP...that was the 23rd. this THRILLING couple was a prime example of the only thing that IRKED me about "contestant" selection. sure, i expected the attractive girls to be brought to the stage (especially with XAVIER selecting! :lol: ), the occasional quasi-celebrity, the errant brat child, but what mausoleum did they remove these two from? something rotten in Denmark! high rollers? big backers? friends of friends? or is it just sour grapes that he did not summon ba and his dungaree jacket to the task at hand. JMM knows the best man for the job! i woulda shown him THE BRONX!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
jmm

Post by jmm »

BA, Isn't that DA BRONX??????
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

OF COURSE...would any intelligent, puny guy like me disagree with a GIANT of a man like you??? i'll mail you 4-1; 5-23 and 5-24 tomorrow. tuesday does not sound as SWEET as monday, but you'll dig it lots. peace, benny p.s. i want my WELLMONT!!!!!!!!!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

good news kiddies: THIS MONSTER show will be in docs capable hands by noon NY time. i bet he ups it at dime some time today, tomorrow the latest, because we LOVE sharing the sounds!! ENJOY...you will ANALOVE it! ypsi, never got your addy. pm it and remind me which shows you want!
docinwestchester

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

quick work doc..thanks for your assistance in getting my efforts shared ASAP.
susanf

Post by susanf »

Ba, you recorded this---how? With a tape recorder? The sound is fantastic!!!! Incredible!!! I feel like I am back at the concert again!!! Thank you, thank you!!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes susan, with a good old fashioned SONY and MAXELL cassettes! it sure is a good souvenir making you feel like you are there once again and i appreciate you saying so. but, i gotta ask: as obviously you are someone who was able to download this show via torrent at dime, you have some knowledge of this stuff, is your question to me because you are surprised at the quality of my analog recording?
susanf

Post by susanf »

BA- YOURS IS THE BEST LIVE CONCERT CAPTURE I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! .... I had "Pump It Up" on a continous loop yesterday evening, and it kept me up (yet happy) until about 1:00 am. The sound at the Beacon can be a little muddy, and tricky to capture, I would imagine. I was sitting up in the Gods (upper upper balcony) and I honestly don't remember things being so crystal clear, as they are in your recording.

All I can say is, tape recorders all the way! The sound is so immediate that I feel I am there again. (Was it only last Monday?) Thank you again for doing this, and for sharing it, as well. You made my evening, last night.
Last edited by susanf on Sun May 29, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

THANK YOU for liking it!!! nowadays susan...everyone goes DIGITAL! however, it is a harder job yielding phonier results if you ask me. i always feel my CASSETTES do sound BETTER and TRUER! you are right about the beacon being VERY POOR the higher you guy up in that balcony. my wife and i were in the 3rd row balcony this night, and i feel it came surprisingly well. i was lucky that i had no loudmouth drunken yakkers next to me so it came really good. i have much to share yet. i've been seeing elvis since 1979 and taping since 1989. virtually ANY show you've seen in the nyc area since then...i recorded. let me know what you would like up next! will try to get you more older shows up also with docs help! thanks a million susan. best, benny
handwashings

Post by handwashings »

Any chance someone who has downloaded the torrent could post mp3s to yousendit or someplace else as a zip file? Can't wait to hear the recording!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Love your recording of the 23rd show. Can't wait to hear your recording of the 24th. Any idea when that one might make it to Dime?