DVD reissues from Rhino

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Why can't the DVD have all the songs? Looks like it's well worth getting.
They'll be released in future rereleases no doubt.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
outofmyhead

Post by outofmyhead »

I don't know if this had been mentioned before but on the "Case For Song" DVD when Elvis sings Complicated Shadows it looks like he wants to make sure everybody knows his "Gangsters and rude clowns" phrase is aimed at Bruce Thomas. In full close-up as well... Was this filmed long before Bruce was fired from the Attractions for the last time?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It was filmed in June 1996. I think it's fair to say relationships were going downhill around that time.

Yet the funny thing is that when I saw Elvis and the Attractions at Shepherds Bush Empire on 26 July 1996 I was standing at the front and when they played Human Hands, Elvis said "You know I love you more than slightly" and looked at Bruce. I remember a whole bunch of us cheering at that.

Didn't do that much though :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
TX_Fan wrote:I wonder if there any other "Missing" songs from this performance ?
The complete setlist is here.
Except this can't be complete as no "It's time".
You wonder if there are any other missing?
Anyone found any "Easter eggs" yet?
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Fishfinger king wrote:Except this can't be complete as no "It's time".
Good point!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Elvis "creative cat" Costello :D

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/revi ... r-song-dvd

Elvis Costello Live: A Case For Song [DVD]

by Dan MacIntosh

It’s difficult to find one musical genre Elvis Costello hasn’t yet tried and mastered. How many other singer/songwriters have recorded in Nashville, as well as with a string quartet? And we’re not just talking about sleep-walking through a Guitar Town session or sweetening a recording with strings. Costello has proven he can write a great country song; he has also trained his voice to sing opera. And let’s not forget that Costello he originally came of age during the punk era—he can rock better than most. For the fleet of foot, chasing after Elvis reaps many musical surprises.

Costello’s set list for this concert DVD explores a wide range of the man’s productive career. The vitriolic “Pump It Upâ€
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.harpmagazine.com/reviews/mov ... le_id=6078

Harp

Sep/Oct 2007

Elvis Costello, Live: A Case For Song

Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet, The Juliet Letters

Although he’s widely regarded nowadays as the chunky guy with the receding hairline that snagged goddess Diana Krall (not to mention more tribute effort drop-ins than Ben Vereen), there was a time when Costello seemingly did whatever he pleased: the Nineties. Yes, Costello toyed with country before and opera after. But the objet d’art of 1993’s Juliet Letters was his first radical departure from pop: a parlor-bound chamber-classical gem wherein Costello wears several tuxedos and sings imagined professorially wordy impressions in his hoarse cackle-croon. Juliet? Wherefore art thou liking “I Almost Had a Weakness?â€