Top 5 Bowie Albums

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Bad Ambassador

Post by Bad Ambassador »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Agree that's a great thing to have. Nice to watch too.
Is this a tape from the telly or has it snuck out onto the internet?
Otis Westinghouse wrote:Nice inclusion of Buddha of S. Why don't they re-release that?
Absolutely no idea. They keep milking the same old records and yet this is left on the shelf. It's diverse, invigorating and a clear suggestion of the musical curiosity Bowie used to influence the rest of his 1990s. Perhaps he likes the fact it's obscure and doesn't want records labels to make money out of it after it was treated so badly. If they do reissue it, they really need to use the US cover, not the drab UK one.
Masterpiece?

Post by Masterpiece? »

mood swung wrote:No love for Young Americans? That's the only one I really know. :oops: And only because my Lennon-ite best friend gave it to me.
It does contain 2 classics, and I like Across the Universe, but somehow the Philly Soul sound of the rest of it hasn't aged as well for me.
Everybody's hiding under covers... who's making Lover's Lane safe again for lovers?"
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Bad Ambassador wrote:[Is this a tape from the telly or has it snuck out onto the internet?
Both!

Win is one of my favourite Bowie songs. I love the whole LP. Looking forward to having it on CD at last, even if CD2 is a bit of a let-down.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more