Costello video collection on DVD ?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.zetaminor.com/whatsnew.htm

More tracks have apparently been added to the Elvis Costello video compilation Ceri mentioned last week. They are from Costello's Warner Brothers period: 13 Steps Lead Down and Sulky Girl (from Brutal Youth), Veronica (from Spike) and So Like Candy (from Mighty Like A Rose).

There's been no official announcement yet, but it's likely that VCI might be trying to get the disc out to coincide with the release of Costello's new album, The Delivery Man, due on September 21st.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I'll be the middle digit then....me too Wardo. Led Zep were my band of choice as a teen!

I tried emailing VCI for information...the email got bounced back to me, I think their server is bust or something. Have to wait and see I suppose.
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

wardo68 wrote:I think that since corporate radio has virtually ignored him (at least in the US) since Veronica, he probably figures that by not making videos he's cutting his losses. As a marketing tool, his earliest clips were to be used in place of a live appearance, and I think he'd rather perform live.
Radio was ignoring Costello before Veronica, too. EC credited the video with making that song a hit single, which then got it played on the radio.

Of course, now he'd be unlikely to get his videos played on MTV or VH-1, but the main reason nobody played his Brutal Youth videos is that they weren't very good. I think in the age of broadband Internet, a clever video can get noticed. If he made a little more effort to work with an ambitious young director with good ideas, he could make a clever video that would get noticed. Monkey to Man could be a real attention-grabber, since it is basically about Bush, if he put out a good video in September/October.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

There's a music channel on Sky Digital, called The Amp...it has a session called Old's Cool....and there is always an EC video on it. You can text in video requests too.