Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

yo muggy!

just wanna say, we'd be fighting over LC if he met your requirements.

scotsman. would wear a kilt.

i'm in! sign me up!

*sigh* why can't people tell me who is supposed to sign the contract BEFORE i print the damned thing, and get it signed by the vendor? 'cause now i hafta put white-out on it, and make a label to cover up the wrong director's name, and it takes an extra day to turn it around ('cause each director takes a day to sign it, what a nice job), and it's all MY FAULT.

okay, so no one is yelling at me, but still, they MIGHT. idiots.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im sure Id look fetching in stockings and high heels as well! :lol:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

It's okay, Poppet. We love you anyhow. Forget that silly paperwork. :wink:

Crow, don't make me get out printshop and imagine what you would look like in stockings and heels. 8)
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

The Mega-Millions lotto here is up to $105 million. What do you guys want when I win?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Maybe I should have saved that for the question thread...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

yeah, probably so.

I won $4 in the lottery last week!! I rolled it over.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It's ace having good friends...4 of mine came over for a big piss-up/pizza eating fest...and we watched This is Spinal Tap and all sorts of crazy stuff on telly till the witching hour whilst eating Vodka Jelly and Chocolate rice cripsy cakes, with Blue Nun!!!!!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I have a new nephew! His name is Eamonn! (No, not 'Singer'.) Yay upon yay!!! :D :D :!:
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

whoo HOOO ms. mug!!!!!!

and, in other news, i've started a new 'tradition' - once every two weeks (day to rotate), at least, dinner or snack and drinks at the B-Side Lounge. B-Side has a turntable and *real black vinyl* that they play for tunes, and the drink menu has such things as Sidecar and Manhattan (the original, w/ rye). AND good food. ain't cheap, therefor the once every two weeks bit.

tonight's the first one. y'all are welcome to join me. Cambridge MA., USA.

sometime after 6pm. if i'm the only one there, i will still have fun.

i don't even know what's in a Sidecar. but i know i like Manhattans. minus the garnish though. ewwwwww, maraschino cherries are the devil.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Congratulations Mug!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

congrats auntie mug! be sure to smell his head for me!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MUG: You lucky moo! I'd love to get my hands on a baby! You get to fuss and kiss and cuddle and best of all hand him back when youve had enough! Many congrats to you and the proud parents! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i love babies.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Congrats, Mug! You'll be a great Aunt!

My oldest "baby" Jessica is 15 today. She hasn't let anyone forget about it for days now. She even wore a shirt to school today that said in huge letters, "Today is My Birthday!" It came with a pen for people to sign it. Ah, youth.
:lol:
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Congratulations, Mug!

In other random nothings, an avocado cheesemelt is just about the most difficult thing in the world to eat.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

i love babies.
So do I but I couldn't eat a whole one. 8)
signed with love and vicious kisses
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I love you, SoLack. I have laughed and laughed at that one. :)

So, how's Monday going for everyone so far?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Lightning struck somewhere on the network and the server is all goofy. will I actually have to handwrite payroll checks? will harry meet sally? is Balto based on a true story? stay tuned.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

things are okay here. looking forward to tomorrow, drinking at B-Side, and people have actually said they're joining me this time.

how's the family spooky g? :)
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Well, overall pretty good. We ran electricity underground to our outdoor water garden yesterday, so we at least felt like we got something accomplished on the homefront. And we laid more mulch. I know - you just can't compete with that!

DrS started off the week feeling behind, but that happens a lot. He'll be fine - he loves being a nerd and loves what he gets paid for. Sometimes I think he would do it for free, but he likes the money. :wink:

Rob made his debut on the electric guitar at the school talent show last week as he performed Smoke on the Water. He even slid on his knees at the end - you should have heard all the little elementary school girls screaming.

Jess turned 15 last week. Nuff said. She is getting new glasses tomorrow to cap off the image. The world officially revolves around her now.

Jordan passed out at school last week. Scared the life out of me. Turned out to be nothing serious, but since the school was on the phone to 911 by the time I got there because he was non-responsive - I lost a few years off my life. I will have to color my hair extra strong next time. He's completely back to normal and looking forward to soccer camp this summer.

Justin is always good. As the youngest, he likes himself very much and expects others to as well. He has a field trip tomorrow to the city water festival. I'm driving. Woo-hoo - a van full of fourth graders!

Ya'll go on and top that, will ya!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, spooks, I'll have to travel back in time, but maybe I can....

friday 8am, arrive at work. work is not ready. goof off until phone rings--#1 daughter whispers that she doesn't feel good. Leave work to take her home. return to work approx. 10:15. Are you with me? work still not ready to be done--goof off some more. Lunch! Phone rings again--distraught 4th grade teacher tells me #2 son has fallen and hurt his arm. She thinks he might have broken it. Off to the school once more. Elbow is suspicious, decide an xray or 12 is in order. Off to the ER, which is nothing like the one on tv, btw. Sit and wait. sit and wait. glad I brought a book, but it's hard to read and hold the icebag on his elbow. Two more kids come in sporting ice bags. Somebody with stomach flu...austin and I move further away. Finally the triage nurse sees him. We go to the (are you ready for this?) Fast Track! area. We sit for 45 minutes and read old magazines. I worry about the germs on the magazines. A nurse comes in and says that looks bad. We wait 30 minutes. A physician's assistant enters, says it looks bad and we need some xrays. I could go on like this, but if you got this far you're probably close to being bored to death so --the upshot was no bones broken, no soccer for 3 days. What really ticks me off is how much this is going to cost me! Oh well, if I hadn't taken him, it would have haunted my weekend. By now it is 4, and I figure there's no real point in going back to work which meant I had to work saturday. When it rains, it pours.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Wow. A whole year without posting to this thread. Come on, guys! Who's got some useless nothings to talk about? :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

we were so much younger then...
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Two of my friends are moving, one to Alaska, one to London, England.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

my daughter Beelzebub's last day of high school is next friday. remember how great that felt?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.