LOSER'S LOUNGE tribute weekend to EC starts tonight

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

LOSER'S LOUNGE tribute weekend to EC starts tonight

Post by bronxapostle »

http://www.joespub.com/component/option ... 40/id,6598

at Joe's Pub! i wonder if the man himself magically appears. i can't make it, but i sure hope we hear all about the setlists and performers.
monkey2man

Re: LOSER'S LOUNGE tribute weekend to EC starts tonight

Post by monkey2man »

just got a couple of seats to the last 9pm show. figured if he's gonna show up to one of them, it would probably be this one. we'll see. any clue to who the "special guests" have been? either way, it'll be a highlight to my weekend before a nice week of vacation in mexico!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Laura Cantrell is taking part and has posted on Facebook a hint that she might do something from King Of America. Laura has, in the past , done lovely versions of Indoor Fireworks and I Dreamt Of My Old Lover Last Night . I've good reason to remember the latter since she dedicated a performance of it , during a Glasgow show in 2011, to - gulp! - me! More here - http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... 9&start=25
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

johnfoyle wrote:Laura Cantrell is taking part and has posted on Facebook a hint that she might do something from King Of America. Laura has, in the past , done lovely versions of Indoor Fireworks and I Dreamt Of My Old Lover Last Night . I've good reason to remember the latter since she dedicated a performance of it , during a Glasgow show in 2011, to - gulp! - me! More here - http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... 9&start=25
her version of Indoor Fireworks was easily the highlight of the show for me. such a great band and all the performers were pretty decent and looked as though they were having as much fun as the audience. no elvis, but I did run into David Byrne outside of the restaurant/lounge on the 2nd floor. no clue as to what he was doing there, I didn't see him at the show. cool none the less, though.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The youtube clip seems to indicate that KATIA FLORESKA did Indoor Fireworks. It's a good version all the same.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

johnfoyle wrote:The youtube clip seems to indicate that KATIA FLORESKA did Indoor Fireworks. It's a good version all the same.
ahh, my mistake. still the best performance of the night, in my opinion.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »