Where bambooneedle dares to go

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bambooneedle

Where bambooneedle dares to go

Post by bambooneedle »

Into the realms of starkest truth, that's where.

Ask me anything non-personal about anything and I'll give it to you straight from the gut.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Is there a God? Stick that one in your pipe and smoke it.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Exactly how many stars are there including space and hollywood?
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

What color are my very non-personal socks?
A rope leash

God

Post by A rope leash »

My brother has said that God let the tsnuami happen because "there is no difference in being alive or being dead".

Is this true?

(Crash, Bamboo might have an exact number for you, but I'd like to comment on something I've heard about the number of stars in the universe. They say that the number is greater than the number of individual grains of sand on all the beaches of Earth. The total number of Hollywood stars is probably less than the number of grains of sand that would stick to a wet foot placed on one of those beaches. While this might be hard to fathom, what is even harder for me is wondering where mankind gets its sense of importance...)
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Who let the dogs out? Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Is there any truth at all to the rumor that Bob Dylan is Betty Dylan's father?*

*Sorry, this probably won't be amusing in the slightest unless you keep up with this particular long-running gag in No Depression.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Bamboosle

Talk to me when you dare to venture in the Mother Load and blast a nut in a tranny's face.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Is there a God? Stick that one in your pipe and smoke it.
No.

Who would bother to be God? And who would have asked them to? "I'm your God". "Yeah, right... Piss off mate!" Through the ages people have played games with the idea of God, the devil and so on, but that doesn't make them real.

A God would infer identity, a God to be addressed... sounds like someone with severe ego problems to me...

In the case of an impersonal God, a force of you will (like electricity) then why would you even bother to call it a God; it wouldn't be your authority and would have nothing to say to you. It would have no volition.

We are existentially alone... which was half of sorting out all my existential worries...
crash8_durham wrote:Exactly how many stars are there including space and hollywood?
Space goes on and on, so there is an infinite number of stars.
Crille wrote:What color are my very non-personal socks?
Depends on the colours of the person wearing them.
A Rope Leash wrote:My brother has said that God let the tsnuami happen because "there is no difference in being alive or being dead".

Is this true?
Irresponsible hogwash; assigning responsibility for circumstances to some nebulous, albeit assumingly benevolent, entity, is about the most personally irresponsible thing you can do in this world.
Copenhagen Fan wrote:Bamboosle

Talk to me when you dare to venture in the Mother Load and blast a nut in a tranny's face.
It's not that I wouldn't dare just that trannies don't appeal to me.

El Vez & noise, I don't know what you're talking about.
A rope leash

Right on!

Post by A rope leash »

Thank you for telling it like it is, Bamboo...
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Is it true that there is always at least one crazy person on the bus?
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

El Vez wrote:Is it true that there is always at least one crazy person on the bus?
I thought we were all bozos on this bus.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Bamboo, would you mind terribly if I included you in my daily prayer intentions?
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

A rope leash wrote:Thank you for telling it like it is, Bamboo...
Thanks, Rope.
El Vez wrote:Is it true that there is always at least one crazy person on the bus?
El Vez, do you mean when YOU get on the bus?! 8) . Craziness is very subjective of course.
Tim(e) wrote:I thought we were all bozos on this bus.
We are!
Bamboo, would you mind terribly if I included you in my daily prayer intentions?

Mr. Average, your good intentions for me would be quite irrelevant. I would have absolutely no desire, now or ever, in approving of or giving permission(!?!) for such a misguided, not to mention fruitless, venture.

Your good intentions can't really hurt, and you'll do what you will, but I won't give my approval for that.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Mr. Average, your good intentions for me would be quite irrelevant. I would have absolutely no desire, now or ever, in approving of or giving permission(!?!) for such a misguided, not to mention fruitless, venture.

Your good intentions can't really hurt, and you'll do what you will, but I won't give my approval for that

Bamboo:

For the record, I can't think of any occasion wherein a good intention could be considered "quite irrelevant". However, to be fair, I take that out of context, wherein you say that the irrelevancy applies to you.

As this is your advice thread, I will honor your wishes. There are so many educated, right thinking people who so desire to be the recipient of genuine prayerful support that I best stay focused. I believe firmly in the power of prayer.

It is amazing to watch the mass conversions to prayer that coincidently occur when the atheist/agnostic is facing imminent death, or the imminent demise of a family member or loved one. It is way too cold a reality to face without the comfort and strength that come from prayer. That is my opinion. It cannot be proven, nor does my Faith construct force me to try to prove it. My stance is not evangelical. It is remarkably pragmatic.

I wish you the best.

Next Question:

Why are we here, on earth? What is our existence for? just happenstance? Evolution from planaria after a bolt of lightning shocked it to a zygotic life? Is there an outcome? Where do we go when we die?

Just wondering...
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

yeah boo, and if i croak, do you think mrs slick will get married again?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Is the sexual technique "Bricklayer Hand" just a myth or is it reality?

We call it "Murerhånden" in Denmark... :lol:
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

We do?! I never used that expression :lol:
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

VON :o

Some of us then :lol:

Vi kalder også piger for spermso :lol:
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

hehe :lol:
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Bamboo:

For the record, I can't think of any occasion wherein a good intention could be considered "quite irrelevant". However, to be fair, I take that out of context, wherein you say that the irrelevancy applies to you.
Your good intentions for anyone would ALWAYS be quite irrelevant to them as long as you erroneously presume to better know what they need. You cannot presume to know what is in my interests better than I do.

And "advice thread"? Hardly.
It is amazing to watch the mass conversions to prayer that coincidently occur when the atheist/agnostic is facing imminent death, or the imminent demise of a family member or loved one. It is way too cold a reality to face without the comfort and strength that come from prayer. That is my opinion. It cannot be proven, nor does my Faith construct force me to try to prove it. My stance is not evangelical. It is remarkably pragmatic.
Mr. Average, having just read the above I am now yawning uncontrollably.
Must you bore me with your apparently pointless lamentations? Or are you just preaching?
Next Question:

Why are we here, on earth? What is our existence for? just happenstance? Evolution from planaria after a bolt of lightning shocked it to a zygotic life? Is there an outcome? Where do we go when we die?

Just wondering...
My view is that it is what you make of it while you're here. Were it "just happenstance" it would not be a disappointment to me. Every day above ground is a good one. Where do we go when we die? In memories.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

oily slick wrote:yeah boo, and if i croak, do you think mrs slick will get married again?
Yes, she should take up with the first lumberjack she finds out there in the woods.
Cope wrote:Is the sexual technique "Bricklayer Hand" just a myth or is it reality?
It's a reality. Its secrets are passed down among lonely bricklaying crews with nothing better to do.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Bamboo..the Bricklayer Hnd is indeed a reality! I've witnessed it on many an occassion! There's a guy who goes around giving demonstrations in Copenhagen, and it is the most effective sexual technique I've even seen. It makes a penis obsolete because of its power and adictive nature. It often causes its "victims" to break down and cry in a shower of tears of joy and release.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:Bamboo..the Bricklayer Hnd is indeed a reality! I've witnessed it on many an occassion! There's a guy who goes around giving demonstrations in Copenhagen, and it is the most effective sexual technique I've even seen. It makes a penis obsolete because of its power and adictive nature. It often causes its "victims" to break down and cry in a shower of tears of joy and release.
I have to admit, I'm intrigued. Bambi, by saying that, do I open up a huge can of worms for everyone else on the thread?
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Copenhagen Fan wrote: It makes a penis obsolete
Um, you didn't get the memo this morning did you, Cope? Sit down because we need to talk. Comfortable? Good. Now this might sound harsh but......