Songs you'd like to hear Elvis cover Redux

Pretty self-explanatory
pophead2k

Songs you'd like to hear Elvis cover Redux

Post by pophead2k »

I'm pretty sure this has been a topic before, but I was too lazy to resurrect it. I was listening to the Replacements cover 'Cruella deVille' and it made me think how great EC's voice would sound on it. What else??
queenofthefleapit

Re: Songs you'd like to hear Elvis cover Redux

Post by queenofthefleapit »

The Beatles' "Girl"...that is my #1 cover song fantasy. :D
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Yes, I can imagine him doing that - think of the aching-with-lust singing on 'Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head' (one of my favourite Elvis songs).
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

There were a couple of lost opportunities for great covers in Elvis' career.

I believe he was planning to do a duet with Tom Waits of "A Day in the Life" on a charity, various artists, cover of the Beatles' Sgt. Peppers album (in the 80's). But, the scheduling fell through. I could imagine Elvis taking the John Lennon part, and Tom waits doing the Paul McCartney, "Woke up, got outta bed..." part. It would have been great.

And then for Bob Dylan's big 30th anniversary concert in NYC, Elvis was going to play Dylan's "Positively 4th Street". But, Elvis couldn't get a visa, I believe.

Two potentially great covers that were lost.

I have a favorite, more obscure song, that I would love to hear Elvis and Steve Nieve perform, William Bell's "Everybody Loves a Winner". If you have never heard the song, you must do so right away:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 6&s=143441