Elvis to Play Hillary Clinton's Birthday Bash, NY, Oct.25th

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis to Play Hillary Clinton's Birthday Bash, NY, Oct.25th

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/n ... thday-bash

Elvis Costello to Play Hillary Clinton's Birthday Bash

(extract)

Hillary Clinton-- presidential candidate, New York Senator, and former First Lady-- will celebrate her 60th birthday in style, with a bash taking place October 25 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. The celebration, which is also a fundraiser for her presidential campaign, will feature a performance by legendary English singer-songwriter Elvis Costello.

The party is being thrown by Hillary's husband, former President Bill Clinton, as well as New York Senator Chuck Schumer, New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine, and New York Congressman Charles Rangel.

https://contribute.hillaryclinton.com/e ... k1025.html
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cool. looks like he is the only performer. what, MAYBE, a half hour? that's pushing it i'm sure. maybe a song or two throught the night!!!! $250 is out of my league. can i volunteer to be an usher?
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

What are the chances that Bill takes the stage with his sax and jams with Elvis? I see him on The Only Flame In Town.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Ugh. Hillary does nothing for me. Complete phony.

If it comes to it I suppose I'll vote for her, but I would have to hold my nose.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Hillary is just short of the anti-Christ in my book. An evil woman whose legacy is more important than anything that you or I can imagine.

I would rather have the inexperience of Obama than Hillary, although both are frightening propositions. Is there a real Democratic Candidate? If not Hillary or Obama, who. My favorite is the damaged goods that Edwards brings to the table. What a mess

Oh, and to be fair, I won't pretend to be impressed with any of the Republican candidates.

But dammit Elvis. Dammit.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The wit , the wit.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/ ... inton.html

(extract)

"Hillary supporters around the country are starting to 'Get Happy' because George Bush is a 'Man Out of Time,'" said Clinton spokesman Blake Zeff, riffing off a couple more Costello works.

In the e-mail announcing the Costello gig, the campaign said it hopes donors pump it up, pleading, "If you haven't yet maxed out to Hillary for President, we hope you will do so."
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

Yes it does turn the stomach. The Clinton's are about as bad as it gets. Living here in the DC area has made me pretty much hate ALL politicos and lawyers. I don't even bother to vote and am VERY proud of the fact.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

sabreman wrote:The Clinton's are about as bad as it gets.
Forgive my international perspective, but I think the past six or seven years have proven this not to be the case.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Mr. Average wrote:Hillary is just short of the anti-Christ in my book. An evil woman whose legacy is more important than anything that you or I can imagine.
I'm not trying to create a huge political debate here, but I'm curious as to what makes Hillary "evil." Unlikeable I can understand, but I don't really know much about her history. Has she ever murdered anybody in cold blood or blown up any buildings? What constitutes evil? Educate me.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I'm kind of with WSS on this one. Although I am a tad curious to see a reversal role of the presidency, perhaps just not with this particular couple. Would Bill pick up the White House China? :lol:

From here on, I don't think I'm going to be surprised at anyone that Elvis ends up associating with. He seems to be everywhere these days.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Ultimately it comes down to money. For the right price, you can get anybody to play your birthday party.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:
sabreman wrote:The Clinton's are about as bad as it gets.
Forgive my international perspective, but I think the past six or seven years have proven this not to be the case.
Precisely. Almost anything would be an improvement on the clown we have in there now. He's been an international embarrassment, is as dumb as a bag of hammers, and has put us in very difficult positions, both domestically and abroad.

Of those running, I like Obama best, but it seems he's already been written off before a vote has been cast.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

This is really horrible news. Hilary is the epitome of phony. And Elvis getting involved in political party fundraising?? Very disappointing. Can Elvis even vote in the election?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I know, devastating.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:This is really horrible news. Hilary is the epitome of phony. And Elvis getting involved in political party fundraising?? Very disappointing. Can Elvis even vote in the election?
His kids will be able to, I imagine. Not that I feel he needs to be an American citizen to express his opinion.

I have no problem with him doing a political event - lots of musicians have. Just a bit disappointed that he's put his support behind Hillary.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

This isn't EC's first political fundraiser, since he and the Imposters did a show for Bring Ohio Back (a political action committee designed to get John Kerry elected) in 2004.

He said at the show that Davey was the only member of the band who could vote, but that the result would affect us all.
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

Gah. This reminds me that I have to start paying attention to politics. I'll be able to vote soon. :D
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Jesus H. Christ!

What is the phony tag about??????? I don't care for her personality, but that doesn't mean shit about what kind of president she would be!
And evil? If you want to stick that on someone, how about our current criminal administration with no regard for the rights of our citizens or our constitution.

Why is everyone acting so suprised that Elvis is doing this? We all no how he feels about Bush. Seems to reason that he would be chummy with the likely Dem nominee.

John Edwards is who I am supporting, however.
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Oops! That would be "we all know..." :oops:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

She just strikes me as being very insincere. My wife likes her, as do a lot of my friends, but there's a sort of hard and unsmiling quality about her that I find very unappealing as well. She also supported the Iraqi war, which I find hard to stomach from a Senator from a state as liberal as New York.

If she becomes president, it's going to be another four years of ugly partisanship, non-stop investigations and grand policy pronouncements that fall flat.

We need new blood.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Hilary is phony AND Evil. She doesn't get a shit about anything except getting elected. She has a long string of sordid connections, questionable motives, and putting her power and persuasion up for sale. This could be said of both parties, no doubt, and certainly of W.

What does everyone see in Hilary? And especially our dear Elvis?

Obama or Edwards, okay, and I could even see Elvis supporting Newt, but Hilary?? Is this part of the vast, right wing conspiracy to make me not a fan anymore?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

As has been pointed out elsewhere, a Hillary victory would mean that from 1988-2012 the U.S. would have a Bush or a Clinton as President. Egads man!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:Obama or Edwards, okay, and I could even see Elvis supporting Newt, but Hilary?? Is this part of the vast, right wing conspiracy to make me not a fan anymore?
Newt.... Gingrich? I'm curious to know why you'd think Elvis, with his clearly liberal stance, would support Newt?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:I could even see Elvis supporting Newt
In an alternate reality maybe? Bonkers.

Relax. It should give conservatives four years of what they're best at (hint - it's not governing).