Irvine, CA Concert--Opening of North Tour

Pretty self-explanatory
Misha

Irvine, CA Concert--Opening of North Tour

Post by Misha »

Ok, bragging rights here, going to see The Man tomorrow night at Irvine, it is the first night of his North tour. Can't wait, and promise to report back to ya'll.. :lol: ....If it makes you feel any better, North was delayed here, doesn't come out until next week...... :evil:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Dor

Post by Dor »

I'll be at the show tomorrow, too. Can't wait!!!

Dor
Pov

Post by Pov »

The cost for the bragging rights is a full report immediately afterwards :D

I'll be at Town Hall Monday night. Curious to know if there is a warm-up act, since I haven't seen anything mentioned.
Misha

Post by Misha »

I will report back as soon as I get home, I don't know if I'll know the setlist, but, I'll try.....I haven't heard North yet!! Hopefully I'll come close to the right song title... :?
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Misha wrote:I will report back as soon as I get home, I don't know if I'll know the setlist, but, I'll try.....I haven't heard North yet!! Hopefully I'll come close to the right song title... :?
Misha, I doubt you'll have any trouble sorting out the titles if you print a "cheat sheet":

1. You Left Me in the Dark
2. Someone Took The Words Away
3. When Did I Stop Dreaming
4. You Turned to Me
5. Fallen
6. When It Sings
7. Still
8. Let Me Tell You About Her
9. Can You Be True ?
10. When Green Eyes Turn Blue
11. I´m in the Mood Again

and of course the title track "North."

When last heard from on the subject, EC was musing on whether to perform the North tracks in order, or maybe mixing things up a bit.

Just give it your best shot, and thanks.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... 0d0cda4d07
In the above thread EC clearly implys you lucky guys on the US west coast are going to be getting a greatest hits rock show. Enjoy.
Two days time I'm gone a play a rock'n'roll show in California, two days after that I'm gonna start a world tour with Steve Nieve playing these songs. I'm a little bit greedy, I wanna be able to do all the types of music that I love. I don't want to have to make a choice.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Martin & Hungup....

Hmm, thanks for the list Martin, I am sure it will help if he starts in on the North stuff....Hungup, thanks for the tip on the set content, we shall see......In Berkeley in July I got an actual set list from Steve Nieve's keyboard, I guess I can hardly count on that to happen tonight...taking a pen and paper.....(He didn't even come close to playing what was on that set list anyway...he was probably tired from Vegas the night before, God knows I was!!)

Talk to you guys in a couple of hours.....with a full report, if I can get the stars out of my eyes...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

WELL....???

What times are these we live in when I have to go to other websites to find out how the show was last night.... sheesh.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

selfmademug wrote:WELL....???

What times are these we live in when I have to go to other websites to find out how the show was last night.... sheesh.
See

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... .php?t=675
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

D'oh!!!

I entirely misunderstood that the NY thang was last night and was the same as 'The Irvine Show.'

Now. Where the foo are the rest of the U.S dates... does it say THAT on the t-shirt?

I will pray for the roadie. Love EC though I do, I suspect working for him would NOT be fun, and that there is little tolerance for blunders. Not that those were smalle mistakes, mind you; the dude deserves to have his instruments properly at the ready.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

No kidding, how come he's skimping on US dates?

The shows he did in July didnt count as part of the North tour, did they?
Misha

Post by Misha »

The shows he did in July didn't count towards the North promo, cause he didn't sing one song from them......My shirt says the dates that are on his website, starting with Irvine and ending with Birmingham.....three US dates, Irvine, NY, NY and that's it!!! Hell, I'm movin!

Oh, by the by guys he has this wierd thorn/flower/plant graphic on a new shirt for North, maybe it's on the album, but WE DON'T FREAKIN GET THAT UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!!!!

Damn this is irritating!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Excellent strategy: tour the UK where the record's getting lukewarm reviews at best, and skip the wee US where it's being praised up and down... grrr.

However it must be said we got spoiled rotten during WIWC, so all's fair. I guess. Dammit.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Self Made...

Fair? We are still on Earth, correct? There is no fair......yeah, his promoter/agent whatever needs a lube, oil and filter in the tour department...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I think he's going to do a full scale US tour... It's just that he's doing other places first.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Sans Coffee Table,

You mean I have to be patient, too!! I tell ya! You know it occurred to me tonight that I have seen him live four times this year and I need to quit my belly-aching. So, I am now stopping my bitching. Officially. At least until tomorrow.....

Oh, still no body yet....maybe Elvis hid it well..
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Misha wrote:Oh, still no body yet....maybe Elvis hid it well..
There was no guitar tech in evidence tonight during the set. Someone came out and tidied up between set and first encore(s), and then again before the second encore(s), but there was no tuning up of the guitars, so RIP poor guitar guy!

There was a beverage tech though.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
Misha

Post by Misha »

So, I'm right, the guitar tech is dead somewhere.....too bad...I'll go scour Irvine near the ampitheater and see if I can ditch the body to save Elvis the bad press...

Beverage tech? I wonder how you apply for that.....what is the interview process?

Too bad about the guitar guy, but it was a supremely bad night for him..
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?