What was recorded on your birth date?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
johnfoyle

What was recorded on your birth date?

Post by johnfoyle »

What with all the info. on the 'net / re-issue sleevenotes this might be another useless fact to find out.

The recording studios seem to have been quiet on June 11 '65 . The Beatles - well Paul with John Scott, Kenneth Essex, Francisco Gabarro, Tony Gilbert, Sidney Sax on strings - started recording Yesterday three days later.
anjabro

Post by anjabro »

10th Feb 1967.....The Beatles had 40 musicians, conducted by Paul McCartney, recording the crescendos in "A Day in the Life"

Feb 10 Studio 1. 8.00pm-1.00am. Recording: `A Day In The Life' (tape reduction take 6 into take 7, overdub onto take 7, reduction of take 7 with overdub onto take 6, edit piece takes 8-11). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush. Orchestra overdub. 1st use of two 4-track machines running in sync. Initial idea for the end: a long `hummmmmm'. Visits at the studio: Pattie Harrison, Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithfull, Keith Richards, Mike Nesmith, Donovan, Simon and Marijke of the Fool.

http://home.att.net/~chuckayoub/the_bea ... eline.html
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

June 4, 1967: Epstein presents the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Denny Laine and his Electric String Band (in their 1st ever appearance), Procol Harum (full concert debut), and the Chiffons, in 2 houses in a Saville Theatre Sunday presentation. Morning: before the show, Procol Harum are told they are number 1 in the next week's chart with `A Whiter Shade Of Pale'. As only present they received a bottle of champagne from Brian. After the concert, it is announced that Procol Harum will return to the Saville Theatre to headline in a Brian Epstein Sunday presentation.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Dec. 21, 1967 - Fancy dress party in London to celebrate the BBC Transmission of "Magical Mystery Tour".

I am the Egg Man.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Portions of a telephone conversation between the President and
Charles W. Colson. These portions were recorded on November 12,
1971 at an unknown time between 12:10 and 12:29 p.m. [This
conversation is cross-referenced with conversation 297-26.] The
National Archives and Records Administration prepared the
following log of this conversation.
[Segment 1]
Campaign practices
-Edward M. Kennedy
-Cartoon from England
-Distribution
-Reproduction
[Segment 2]
Daniel L. Schorr investigation
-CBS's activities
-Leak from White House
-FBI
-Frank Stanton's call to Colson
-Leak from White House
-John A. Scali
-Purpose
-Leak from White House
-Scali's view
-Colson's conversation with H. R. Haldeman,
November 12, 1971
-Reporter, Claussen [sp?] [first name unknown]
-Richard G. Kleindienst
-Calls to Colson
-Herbert G. Klein and Robert H. Finch
-Time magazine
-Investigation of files
[Segment 3]
Schorr investigation
-Ronald L. Ziegler's statement
-Frederic V. Malek's office
-Environmental concerns
-Leaks from White House
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

July 15th, 1968, Eastern Standard Time...while the Beatles were working on "Cry Baby Cry".
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Straying somewhat from this thread's purpose , I feel the urge to revive it having learnt in a Who reference book that Pete'n Rog'n Keith'n John played the Co-Op Ballroom , Nuneaton , Warwickshire on my birthdate , June 11 '65.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 51-8610357

Anyway Anyhow Anywhere: The Complete Chronicle of the Who 1958-1978
Andrew Neill, Matt Kent
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

That's one of the best Who books out there, even though there isn't a listing for what they were doing on my birthday. (That's usually the first thing I check.)
johnfoyle

Re: What was recorded on your birth date?

Post by johnfoyle »

A sudden notion made me remember this thread. What else , I wondered, would a google search tell me about my birth date?

This, alas, is all that seems to be new.

http://www.chromeoxide.com/them.htm#45s

THEM W/VAN MORRISON

LIVE SHOW:
June 11, 1965 Scunthorpe TA Centre, Scunthorpe, England
Jack of All Parades

Re: What was recorded on your birth date?

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Thank you for bringing this back. July 28, 1955 seems to have found the Great Clifford Brown cutting sides with his partner Max Roach, the drummer. I feel fortunate that happened on my birth date given my admiration for these two artists-Mr. Roach just lost his first wife, Abbey Lincoln, only a few weeks ago.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'