Fansite "EC on Rhino"

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Fansite "EC on Rhino"

Post by sweetest punch »

Fansite "EC on Rhino" has done a fantastic job in the new series: The Hypothetical Reissues.

The Painted From Memory album is discussed here:

http://www.geocities.com/ned3705/pfm.html
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Indeed. That site is a wealth of information.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Since The Juliet Letters is now the only proper Elvis album I don't own, I'm looking forward to the reissue
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

In the hypothetical reissues the albums When I was Cruel and Cruel Smile are discussed now!

See:
http://www.geocities.com/ned3705/wiwc.html

Fantastic job!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Cruel Smile was not released in the UK. Instead British fans got the two-disc set When I Was Cruel — Collectors Edition, which contained the original album on disc 1 and nine of the Cruel Smile tracks on disc 2. Most of the others had already been available as UK B-sides, but the Cruel Smile versions of "Almost Blue" and "Soul For Hire" have yet to be released in the UK in any form.
Somehow I'd never known that Cruel Smile was not released in the UK. What a rip off!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Cruel Smile was released in the UK..pretty widely, I suppose it was just an export.

There were 3 editions of WIWC available...the one without Oh Well, the one with Oh Well and the 'tour' edition with some live tracks etc.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I heard rumblings long ago about Taking Liberties being reissued. But that no longer makes sense to me, considering that those songs all got attached to bonus discs of other reissues. So did I dream that?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Taking Liberties was definitely said to be coming.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

bambooneedle wrote:Taking Liberties was definitely said to be coming.
True, but it's been a LONG time since we heard anything about it. The idea may have been scrapped.