ELVIS COSTELLO FAN FORUM TRIBUTE CD

Pretty self-explanatory
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

How about Charm School?
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Moods for Moderns (he says bandwagonesque)
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Noise....

How's about WSFAPLU? ALWAYS a good one?

I know it's not his, but it is his....kinda?
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Just don't do "Posession", "Tokyo Storm Warning", "Brilliant Mistake", "Just A Memory", "or "Big Sister's Clothes"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
theimposter1979

Tribute

Post by theimposter1979 »

Blue Chair...

Do you know anything about The Cat's Pyjamas tribute that I am currently setting up?- Let me know your thoughts. My aim is to cover the whole Elvis back catalogue! via my web site/ then a possible release....
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I know nothing of this tribute which you speak of.

Please PM with further details.

Thanks.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Oliver's Army recorded 6 songs yesterday:

PLU
I Hope You're Happy Now
Alison
Oliver's Army
Lipstick Vogue
Shallow Grave

All but two are completely finished and are being mastered. PLU and IHYHN need one backup vocal a piece, and they, too, will be done. I'll make them available to Blue Chair as soon as I have them in my hands, which should only be about a week. Blue, you may pick the ones you think are best (for my money, those are Shallow Grave, PLU, and Lipstick Vogue, but they all came out really well).
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Are you going to upload any of those for the Tribute CD? I can't wait until it's done.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Yes, all of them. And Blue can pick the ones he wants to use.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Misha

Post by Misha »

Glad to see that this project has picked up speed again....

:lol:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Thanks to whoever uploaded "Jack Of All Parades." I haven't listened yet, but I have no idea who uploaded it so if you could let me know than great.

Also for those who are going to be uploading mp3/wavs in the future, please make sure the filename doesn't contain any spaces. This comes from the request of DrSpooky. Apparently the system he has set up to get me the files doesn't deal well with spaces.

So yes. :D
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The studio called today to say that the tracks we cut will be mixed, mastered and in my hands by Friday next. Joy.
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

the Elvis Costello tribute CD will be a Valentine's Day present for Elvis.

Therefore, I will not accept any new entries after January 30th, 2004, which should give us enough time to compile the CD.

I truly hope that those of you who had initially expressed interest and have yet to get back to me with your contribution will take this opportunity to finish things up. I have given you lots of time.

If I don't have your track on January 30th, you won't be on the CD. It's that simple. I mean it this time.
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

A Valentines Day present?

Just curious: Is anybody doing My Funny Valentine?

I ask because it's a Valentines Day present...ok...I'll stop while I'm behind...
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Blue,

The final cuts of the following songs were delivered into Oliver's Army's hands today and are ready to send you for your perusal and enjoyment (pick the ones you want):

1. Shallow Grave
2. Lipstick Vogue
3. Alison
4. Peace, Love & Understanding
5. I Hope You're Happy Now

Also, what's the best way to get them to you? I'd be happy just to mail a cd to you. If that's ok, pm me an address.
--William Shakespeare
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ah cannae wait mon!

What's the lineup so far then...who apart from Blue and Noise have contributed to the songs?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

We have solid contributions from pophead2k, Mike Boom, SmallFaces1, pip_52.

I'm hoping to have more than just noise and I to complete the CD, along with the afforementioned players, but if that's what it comes to, then we at least have an EP sort of deal to work with. If we put all of noise's tracks, we'll have a decent lengthed CD.

I still do find it very unfortunate that a lot of people who initially expressed enthusiasm have since failed to deliver. I can only hope they are more reliable in their other ventures.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Yeah, c'mon y'all!! I still have certain adjustments to make to the graphics (another thread), and can't make the adjustments/additions until Blue sends me the final track list!!

Not that long until Valentines Day, m'loves...
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
jillbeast

Tributes are hard work :-)

Post by jillbeast »

BlueChair wrote:I still do find it very unfortunate that a lot of people who initially expressed enthusiasm have since failed to deliver. I can only hope they are more reliable in their other ventures.
Don't worry, I've put two of these together before and there are tons of flaky people...you have to coddle them and tell them how great they are and how it doesn't matter that the quality isn't there if there is heart in it. I was able to hand Elvis two tributes we made (actually I chickened out the first time and handed it to another contributor to do the honors), and he always seems confused and pleased at the same time, he always grins widely. I'm glad y'all are doing it this year, as you know it can be terribly time consuming :-) I wanted to put one together to give to him come tour time, but I decided that last year's was hard enough to scrape 14 songs together and we had up to three contributions from some folks! Good luck and I'm totally interested to hear the final product if I'm allowed (not being a contributor :-)).

Jill
Misha

Post by Misha »

Hey Blue,

Now that I am learning how to copy cds, count me in for any distribution help.....You may have to walk me through any downloading sort of thing, but if you get me a cd, I can help tree it out!!!

Yaaay, Misha's learning!!!

How's it comin' anyway? Do we have to ask Elvis to help to get it completed? Lord knows he has no problems finishing an album!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Who wants to be the one to deliver the CD to Elvis? I think a personal hand-off is our best bet.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Someone DEFINITELY needs to take a picture of him holding it, and post it on here!!!!!!!!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, there are a few of us going to the Ryman show on Feb. 24 - but that's the closest we can get to Valentine's Day and deliver it in person. Anybody else going to see him any sooner than that?

Verbal? :wink:
Misha

Post by Misha »

I'm not seeing him until March, and have never met him, so I'm up for a challenge if ya need me.....

:D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

ANNOUNCING....

THE ELVIS COSTELLO FAN FORUM TRIBUTE CD DELIVERY CHALLENGE!

Step 1: Attend an Elvis Costello concert.
Step 2: Find Elvis after the show
Step 3: Hand Elvis the CD with a brief explanation of what it is
Step 4: Take a photo of Elvis holding up the CD