Will Grammy show affect E.C. dates in U.K.?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Will Grammy show affect E.C. dates in U.K.?

Post by johnfoyle »

Remembering how Elvis re-arranged dates in the U.S. to accomodate his Academy Awards appearance earlier this year I reckon some of his forthcoming U.K. shows will be similarly affected.

The Grammy show is on in Los Angles on Feb.13 . Elvis is due to play Bristol on Feb.12 , Coventry on the 13th , Edinburgh on the 14th and Liverpool on the 16th. Here's betting those shows get put back to later in the same month - further reducing , of course , the chance that he will do a Dublin date........
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Nah, Elvis won't be seen in that shitty show. Come on John, do you really think Elvis wasn't disgusted enough by the RNR Hall Of Fame episode? You know, when they kind of jerked him around...
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

I concur.
He won't even blink at the prospect of attending the Grammys.
It's an horrific event.
I'm sure British dates are safe.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Touching as Boo's 'n Dr L.'s faith in Elvis is I think this reaction on listserv is more pragmatic-
Surely you're not suggesting that Elvis would disappoint an audience of
literally hundreds, with tickets for his show at the University of
Warwick
Arts Centre, in order to spend a few hours in LA rubbing shoulders with
the
rich and famous (and presumably his wife), getting seen on global TV,
possibly picking up an award etc etc etc......

Damn, you're probably right.

Nick
(with good seats for both the Bristol and Warwick shows).
By the way , the dates are probably safe - just on different days.
John

Post by John »

I hope you're wrong, John, as my Liverpool tickets are in safe storage.
Galsgow didn't happen anymore, so this will my first chance to see EC+I's :wink:
Unfortunately EC has definitely got more "lovey" as he's got older so I'm not so sure he won't attend.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I've been checking ticket availability for the scheduled Feb 14th show in Edinburgh and it's still possible to get a 5th row seat. I'm sure more would sell by then, but bearing this in mind I'd consider it a safe bet that it'll be re-scheduled. Maybe Bono could give the BS a rest and persuade Elvis to play Dublin while they're hanging out LA. Chance would be a fine thing.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

bambooneedle wrote:Nah, Elvis won't be seen in that shitty show. Come on John, do you really think Elvis wasn't disgusted enough by the RNR Hall Of Fame episode? You know, when they kind of jerked him around...
Dr. Luther wrote:I concur.
He won't even blink at the prospect of attending the Grammys.
It's an horrific event.
I'm sure British dates are safe.
I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, like John said, he attended and performed at the Grammys last year, and in recent years, has attended several Grammy ceremonies.

So while we'd like to think Elvis would be more rebellious than that, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Elvis at the Grammys.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Rebellious?
on the other thread, you wrote:The Grammys have become such a joke. The nominators can't decide whether they want to reward the old fogeys or the pop stars so they end up picking a mediocre slice of the two.
Fuck the Grammys. They can give him one, but he shouldn't have to suck up to get it.