The Invisible Song

Pretty self-explanatory
Bob And Charlotte

The Invisible Song

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

never heard any mention of the song 'The Invisible Man' in here.

whats wrong with it ?
are you all tired of it or i am crazy and the song is shitty?

'BUT IF STARS ARE ONLY PAINTED ON THE CEILING ABOVE...'
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

This is one of my favorite Elvis songs- I love the lyrics and the tongue-trippingly perfect melody. I also like to listen to the genesis of this song from some of the bonus material on the discs just before it. "I was committed to life and commuted to the outskirts"....just brilliant.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Definitly a great song. It was my favorite from PTC for a long while, now it's been over-taken by the wonderful "Mouth Almighty".
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

For heaven's sake, why doesn't EC play any of the great PTC pop songs in concert anymore?

Back in 1999, in Italy, Costello pulled out a bunch of tunes like "Mouth Almighty" "King of Thieves" and "Invisible Man" in fantastic live versions with Steve Nieve. They sound freaking amazing, and he only did them for a handful of concerts.

There are so many standard songs he plays on every tour, he sometimes neglects a lot of great material.
Branst

Post by Branst »

Punch The Clock is fantastic! Loads of extremely catchy tunes such as the one that this thread is based on, "King Of Thieves," "Mouth Almighty," "TKO (Boxing Day)." I was hoping that there would be more tracks with punchy brass lines on the Rhino bonus disc but I'm extremely happy with what it does contain.