My two-year old son likes "Trust"

Pretty self-explanatory
Who Shot Sam?

My two-year old son likes "Trust"

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

So I'm driving my son Kieran to the local mega home improvement store yesterday with Trust on the CD player - "Strict Time" I think. The little fella tells me, "I like this music Daddy." Bless him.

Has Elvis written any songs about lawnmowers? He's absolutely love that!! :D
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I always love it when my kids tell me they like an Elvis song. It just does my heart good. I know they don't do it to impress me or to make me feel good - when they say it, they really mean it.

But I don't know about any EC songs of lawnmowers. :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

obviously a lad of superior intelligence and discernment. you should buy him a present. maybe a bubble blowing lawnmower?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:obviously a lad of superior intelligence and discernment. you should buy him a present. maybe a bubble blowing lawnmower?
Already have the talking toy lawnmower that speaks with a Boston accent - "No yaahd is too haaahd". He's permanently attached to it.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The Talking Heads mentioned a lawnmower in one song (not Elvis, but still cool).

"Nothing But Flowers" from the album Naked.

"If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower..."
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Mr. Misery

Re: My two-year old son likes "Trust"

Post by Mr. Misery »

Who Shot Sam? wrote: Has Elvis written any songs about lawnmowers? He'd absolutely love that!! :D
The closest thing I can think of is from a cover song: "Lawn could stand another mowing, funny I don't even care." That would probably not delight him!

Wonderful thread. I recall listening to "Indoor Fireworks" and my little niece asking if that was me singing. I bought her an ice cream cone for that remark.
ImageImage
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mr. Misery wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote: Has Elvis written any songs about lawnmowers? He'd absolutely love that!! :D
The closest thing I can think of is from a cover song: "Lawn could stand another mowing, funny I don't even care." That would probably not delight him!

Wonderful thread. I recall listening to "Indoor Fireworks" and my little niece asking if that was me singing. I bought her an ice cream cone for that remark.
That's right - "Good Year for the Roses," the George Jones cover tune! 'Got about dat, as Kieran would say.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Mr. Misery wrote:
Haha, aww, that's wonderful.

I wish my dad played me Trust. He had never even heard the album I recently found out. I had best get burning it for him.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I love that - now the son teaches the father. :)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

spooky girlfriend wrote:I love that - now the son teaches the father. :)
Haha, I had to show him "Get Happy!!". His favorite album is "Brutal Youth", and has only heard MAIT, TYM, AF, BY, and WIWC (and GH!! now that I am saving him).

I really have to get him Trust. He'd love it.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

My 2.5 year old son love Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head. He knows a lot of the lyrics and sings along. It's the cutest thing you ever saw. He calls the song "Mister Mystery".
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:So I'm driving my son Kieran to the local mega home improvement store yesterday with Trust on the CD player - "Strict Time" I think. The little fella tells me, "I like this music Daddy." Bless him.
That is too cute for the English language.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

My daughter Veronica :lol: just loved the song she was named after when she was 3-4 years old. Now my twin sons (6 years old in October) like to pretend they play guitars and sing in English when they hear an Elvis' song. What's funny, they absolutely prefer "early" Elvis, and their favourite songs are "Radio, Radio", "I Can't Stand Up ...", "Pump It Up" and "High Fidelity". Good boys, huh ?

By the way, as this is my first post, I just wanted to say hello to everybody on the board. I am from Poland and have been an Elvis' fan for about twenty years.
Hope to be visiting the board regularly from now on.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
bobster

Post by bobster »

I think there's something about Pete's drumming on a couple of cuts on that album. As previously mentioned by me, my 3-5 year old nephew used to make me keep repeating "Lover's Walk" over and over again. Sadly, his taste has only deteriorated over the years.... (Recently recommended "Dodge Ball" to me...Which I promptly snuck into after paying to see F. 9/11 and walked out within 15 minutes later -- and I still felt cheated!)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I'll never forget my youngest aged 2 being hugely into the word Alibi due to hearing me sing it and play the song loads and loads. All I had to do was say 'You did it' in a quiet voice and he'd bellow 'ALIBI' with glee. good word to learn aged 2.

Anyone recall Gabriel era Genesis and I Know What I Like In My Wardrobe? 'You know me, I'm a lawnmower, you can tell by the way I walk', or words to that effect.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

bobster wrote:I think there's something about Pete's drumming on a couple of cuts on that album.
For me, "Trust" represents Pete at the height of his powers - "Lovers Walk", "Strict Time", "New Lace Sleeves".
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I'll never forget my youngest aged 2 being hugely into the word Alibi due to hearing me sing it and play the song loads and loads. All I had to do was say 'You did it' in a quiet voice and he'd bellow 'ALIBI' with glee. good word to learn aged 2.

Anyone recall Gabriel era Genesis and I Know What I Like In My Wardrobe? 'You know me, I'm a lawnmower, you can tell by the way I walk', or words to that effect.
It's funny how the little ones pick up on a word and start using it obsessively. "Actually" is getting a workout this week, though I'm not sure he really understands what it means.

I'm not familiar with that Genesis tune. Is it one of those "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" misheard lyrics?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Bobster:

I think you are definitely on to something by referencing Pete Thomas' drumming and its effects on young kids ears. My daughters first Elvis compilation CD, where SHE defined the content, included Lipstick Vogue, Lovers Walk, Goon Squad, 20% Amnesia, No Action, Greenshirt, Chewing Gum, Moods for Moderns, Pump It Up, Chelsea, and more. Sure, these are the usual suspects, but she could care less if Alison was on the disk, a little piece of information relevant only in that here name is Allison (two "l"'s).

Just today I was listening to Los Lobos record called "Good Morning Aztlan". I am experiencing an intense period of "everything Los Lobos, all the time". Anyway, the drumming on a number of cuts really stands out, so I checked the liners and sure enough, Pete is doing drum sessios work on most of the songs. Does this guy ever sleep? He is everywhere. I would love to see an unabridged Pete Thomas discography, but I don't think I could save it away without a larger hard drive.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)