Should I Buy Almost Blue Now?

Pretty self-explanatory
BrilliantMistake45

Should I Buy Almost Blue Now?

Post by BrilliantMistake45 »

I was going to wait until they did the re-release, but since it is getting pushed back so much I don't know if I could wait much longer. This is the only EC studio cd I dont own or havent heard. Theres a new sealed one going on Ebay for $25. Should I wait or buy now?
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

~Elvis Costello
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Nah, just wait a few more months... there's no sense in paying $25 twice.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

25$ on Ebay? I've won a version of it for around 4$(but that was the vinyl).

Definitly get it now, but don't pay 25$. At a local record store it should be much cheaper.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

No, buying now would be madness. I've had to resist Kojak Variety (which I've never even heard) at £5 in FOPP. You'll only be annoyed with yourself when the reissue comes out. And anticipation is the best sauce.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Get yourself a used copy (or even a new one) and then give that one away as a gift when you get the reissue. That's what I've done with the first two sets of my Elvis CDs!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i'm w/ the rest here, pretty much.

if you can find it CHEAP, then get it. i recently got goodbye cruel world at the used cd store. i'm glad to have it, and i'll recycle it when i get the reissue.

i don't have almost blue either. :(

otis, personally, i'd buy the kojak variety at that price. i do have it, again, from the used cd store. i like it very much.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Maybe with my three kids, large mortgage and not elevated salary I have less cash disposable income than many of you, or maybe it's my parents' war-time upbringing, but to me the idea of spending money on something you know you'll want to replace in a few months is just appalling. Think of all the other things you could buy with that that you'll keep forever, and think of the tedium of getting rid of it soon after buying it (though giving it away is a very sweet thing to do). Call me a puritan.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more