Footie poll for the close season

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Who is the best striker of the past 15 years..?

Lineker
13%
Rush
13%
Shearer
25%
Wright
No votes
Sheringham
13%
Van Nistleroy
13%
Henry
25%
Owen
No votes
AN.Other
No votes

Total votes: 8

Jackson Doofster

Footie poll for the close season

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Us footie fans are getting bored with our saturdays. Time for a series of polls designed to provoke controversy....
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Now let's see if anyone can guess who gets my vote. Every one a gem. Best penalty taker ever.

BunnyPet will for Kewell.

And Man U are about to sign Ronaldinho, by the way.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Bloody hell Jacks - you've really given us a hard on here - ooh eeer mrs!! Im gonna have to think hard about this one before I vote! Course my instinct would be to pump for one of the spurs players but 'I gots to be fair Olivesk' as Popeye would say!....... :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Doofster

Bunny will probably kill me for missing out Fowler. Over-rated in my view and always bloddy injured. Talent unfulfilled.

Shearer for me. Best in the air. Best from a dead ball (in this bunch). Best crosser of the ball. Best goalscoring record. Most consistent and as good from the spot as that Utd bloke Otis voted for.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well ive voted for Lineker. Not only cos he was a Spurs man, but for me he was England - and such a gentleman and ambassador for England too! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Deffo Rush. Agree with you on Fowler, Jacks.

I once saw Ian Rush (with stupid 'tach) in Chester Zoo (by the flamingo pen) with his kid about 10 years ago. He noticed me clock him and gave a smug look of "Yes, it is I, the great Ian Rush".
Jackson Doofster

Rush was a true great - the best finisher I've ever seen.....my old man likens him to Greaves at his best. Still, he had Dalglish with him. Who wouldn't be great with Dalglish in support? Interesting what you say about him being smug. I went out with a Liverpool girl (Hi Tracy Liston!!) and she said something similar about his reaction when she met him in a pub........he was right up his own arse.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

He did/does look like George Orwell though.

Shearer is a boring, whingeing self-righteous twat. So glad he retired from England early, it's so tedious having to support players you hate. (Actually I didn't mind him in his England heyday, it's the miserable arse you see being interviewed and being petulant on the Premiership that gets me.)

By the way, I'm fine, Doof. Hope you are too, and the 10th anniversary binge was a laugh. I've been chain-listening to Love Story, well a song or two a night before I go to sleep, at least.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

hey guys!

I played a soccor video game the other day! It was pretty fun. I can see why ya'll get into it.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
girl out of time

best striker

Post by girl out of time »

HENRY BY FAR!!!!
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Shearer. Can't stand him (he bores me to tears), but he's been so consistent.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I voted for Henry (surprise surprise) because he's the most complete player, and the most exciting to watch.
Shearer shouldn't have retired from international football so early, he could have saved us from Heskey!