About our wonderful selves - answer a question and ask one

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

The eyes . . . or the smile.

Your most embarrassing moment?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Sleepwalking out of my hotel room [Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza at New Yorks Laguardia Airport] after a binge drinking episode. Completely naked. Was awakened by the sound of the door locking (me out) behind me. House phone broken at end of hall by elevators. Used staircase to travel seven floors down to lobby level, ran across lobby to front desk. Clerk was in back room, but she froze when she came out to my calls. While my naked body was pushed up close to the check-in counter, she could see that I was completely naked by the reflection in the glass windows around the check-in area. She asked me for identification, which of course, I could not provide. She asked for room number, which I had failed to recall because I was really drunk at the time. Finally, she searched on last name, found the room, and slid the key to me across and down the counter like the bartender at an old west saloon would slide a beer down the bar. I turned tail, literally, ran up the stairs, past one startled couple, and into my room.

Since that episode, I still sleep in the buff, but I always wear a pair of socks to bed, just in case.

When you visit the same Asian restaurant time after time, are you more likely to always order the same thing (#5, extra spicy), or do you try new things when you frequent a favorite restaurant?
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Mr. Average wrote:When you visit the same Asian restaurant time after time, are you more likely to always order the same thing (#5, extra spicy), or do you try new things when you frequent a favorite restaurant?
Depends on how often I go. If it's a rare visit and I know something I love, I'll order it nearly every time. If I go regularly (every few weeks or so) I'll vary it a bit more.

What is your favourite childhood memory?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

My favourite childhood memories are of going every saturday and sunday to visit my spinster aunt who lived in the opposite flats to us. She would take me to jumble sales and fairs and fetes, and my favourite - we would buy a bag of split peas and visit the local park to feed the pigeons and they would fly onto your hand to eat the peas! I loved her with all my heart and went every saturday and sunday afternoon from the age of 3 up until I was about 16 and started courting! She was the most entertaining person and would tell me funny stories of the war and where she worked and make me cry with laughter. Sadly I lost her to Parkinsons disease 7 years ago at the age of 84. Before she died I was able to tell her how much I loved her and just how special she had made my childhood. I was privilaged to be by her bedside and hold her hand as she passed away. I miss her so much.

What are the qualities you most admire and detest in the opposite sex?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Champagne or beer?
BEER!
What do you find the most beautiful physical thing about a partner...not sexy, beautiful?
Back of the neck.
What are the qualities you most admire and detest in the opposite sex?
Long Tongue - Headaches

Really, Patience- Impatience

Do you like sheep?
signed with love and vicious kisses
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

so lacklustre wrote: Do you like sheep?
Yes. Especially Sebastian.

How many kids do you want? (or how many did you want before you had them :wink:)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

noiseradio wrote:yes.
Thanks for the affirmative and its attendant affirmation, but, er, seriously, what is a soul patch?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Soul patch oh soul patch
Or turd on the chin
There's got to be a catch
It's got to be a sin

I never wanted any kids, but partner got preggers (fuck knows how cos I never took her tights off I swear :lol: ) and we decided to go head long into parenthood in our mid thirties. I would never be without our gorgeous darling imp of a daughter but I also do not want any more. Ever.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

i'd love more but have to have the snip in April....bosses orders!!

favourite colour socks?
corruptio optimi pessima
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I just bought a pair of Strawberry Shortcake socks. They are white and red and pink and terribly girly.

When did you first know you were in love with your (current/former/future) mate?
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

SoLikeCandy wrote:When did you first know you were in love with your (current/former/future) mate?
Must faster than I ever expected...I guess really when he told me, as I was trying to deny it up until then.

What's your favorite season?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The football season

How many cuddly toys do you have?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Poppet wrote: whatcha up to this evening?
1. Moping
2. Taking short break from moping by going to see David Bowie (!!!!!)
(Anything less amazing would not provide sufficient anti-moping power for said break)
3. Probably moping some more

That soul patch is especially large. I think of them as being smaller, just from lip to chin crease, and generally no wider than they are long.

Mope, mope, mope....
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

No cuddly toys; I hate them.
pip_52 wrote:Your most embarrassing moment?
I was at the supermarket with the man of the house. We had finished shopping and were standing in line at the checkout when I realized I had forgotten something trivial, frozen peas or something. Went back to get them, and on the way back to our spot in line, I got very absorbed in one of the tabloids at the checkstand. I threw my peas into the buggy and gave my husband a big, two-handed butt-grope, complete with sound effects. The nice gentlemen whom I had just violated turned out to be not my husband, but a dead-ringer, from behind anyway, and said, more politely than I deserved, "Did you want to get in line ahead of me, or something?"

Panic-stricken, I yelled at him, yes, yelled at him, as if it were his dirty fault "You're not my husband!" and then added grievous insult to nasty injury by punching him in the arm. I couldn't even apologize to the guy, who took it all in stride, and was laughing at me along with everyone within earshot of the incident. I collected my peas from his buggy, handed them to my husband , summoned whatever shred of dignity I had left, and calmly left the store. Couldn't go back for weeks.

If you could do it again, would you choose your current partner?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

selfmademug wrote:That soul patch is especially large. I think of them as being smaller, just from lip to chin crease, and generally no wider than they are long.
I agree, but it just seemed that Kirk Cameron with a soul patch (even if it was a bad one) was too funny to not post :lol:
Last edited by RedShoes on Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

selfmademug wrote:Taking short break from moping by going to see David Bowie (!!!!!)
(Anything less amazing would not provide sufficient anti-moping power for said break)
Indeed, and there can hardly be a better way to spend any evening.

You can stop moping, just for one day.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Goody2Shoes wrote:If you could do it again, would you choose your current partner?
Oh yeah. We split once after dating in college, and defying all laws of love, were able to get back together 13 years after that. This is really as good as it gets!

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Two words: SLEEP IN!

What would you do if you won big cash in the lottery?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

BlueChair wrote: What would you do if you won big cash in the lottery?
Move to Canada :wink:
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

uh, nothin' that much about understanding and peace, but that love is freakin' hilarious now! you can't deny it..., uh

have you ever climbed a water tower?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

yes i have....if my brother did.....i had to do the same thing......it once costed me a broken arm, but what can i say....no pain no gain....right?

your favourite place on earth?
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

you know that place they call the 'taint.......oh ummmm ..Seriously, FORT POINT In San Fransisco

what country would you like to visit?
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

The Czech Republic

Glass: Half empty or half full?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Half empty.

SLL - :lol:

Starsky or Hutch (from the original series)?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?