Release date for next Rhino reissue batch!

Pretty self-explanatory
Danny

Release date for next Rhino reissue batch!

Post by Danny »

According to John Everingham's site, the new ones will be out on...

2004-02-17

...which is great news! I just hope it's true, as I won't be able to stand the disappointment if it ain't!

And apparently, the lineup will be Almost Blue, Kojak Variety and Goodbye Cruel World - not King Of America!

Wonder where he gets his information from?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It says that here.....

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satel ... 7645508978
Major titles are set for re-release soon
Thursday, January 8, 2004

- Wes Orshoski and Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK - The batch of major catalog titles set to be released in the first quarter of 2004 celebrate the British Invasion, a pair of metal icons, rock 'n' roll's 50th anniversary and the work of Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, George Harrison, Eurythmics, Dave Brubeck and more.

On Feb. 24, Universal Music Enterprises (UME) will celebrate the 40-year anniversary of the start of the British Invasion with a multi-disc set on the Hip-O label. UME will also begin a yearlong, multi-title campaign feting rock 'n' roll's birth.

Rhino delivers Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath, an eight-CD set collecting each album issued by the band's original lineup (plus a bonus DVD) in March. On March 9, Sony catalog division Legacy will honor metal gods Judas Priest with Metalogy, a four-disc boxed set to be delivered in a leather case with metallic studs.

Legacy is also prepping a thematic, two-disc Johnny Cash anthology akin to the Man In Black's three-disc Love, God, Murder 2000 box. On March 9, the label will issue the sixth title in its Bob Dylan bootleg series, the two-disc Bob Dylan Live 1964 - Concert at Philharmonic Hall. Later that month, Legacy will also issue the five-CD Dave Brubeck box For All Time, including a slew of previously unreleased material. Both Brubeck and Cash (in the months before his death) were involved in the creation of their respective projects.

On March 29 in the U.K., BMG unveils remastered, expanded editions of eight Eurythmics albums. These albums are expected to hit North America shortly thereafter. The spring will also see long-awaited reissues of albums by George Harrison (via Dark Horse/EMI) and Fleetwood Mac (via Rhino).

Echo & the Bunnymen, Emmylou Harris and Anita Baker will each have five albums reissued by Rhino in the first quarter. The batch of Echo albums arrives first, on Jan. 27, with each boasting at least five bonus tracks. Harris' albums will include at least one extra track each. The label's noted revival of Elvis Costello's catalog continues in April with two-disc reissues of Almost Blue, Goodbye Cruel World and Kojak Variety.

UME's deluxe-edition series will continue in 2004 with expanded, remastered, rarity-filled versions of Boyz II Men's Legacy, Weezer's 1994 self-titled debut, Bob Marley's Live! and the soundtracks to American Graffiti, Big Chill and Easy Rider.

EMI Music Marketing reissues David Bowie's Black Tie + White Noise on Tuesday. The label has a number of other projects on tap but not yet scheduled, including the first Iggy Pop CD/DVD anthology and a Frank Sinatra Great Performances CD/DVD.

but it still say it's gonna be KV/AB/KOA on rhino.com...so Im not sure whether that's a msitake on their part or not...think it might be.

rhino.com has a new bit as well..

http://www.rhino.com/news/index.lasso
ELVIS GETS HAPPY
Congratulations go out to Elvis Costello, who married fellow performer Diana Krall on December 6th in London. Costello also has reason to celebrate on the career front; his new album, North, and three Rhino reissues, including Get Happy!!, recently landed in stores.
and I never saw this before, but if you do a search for Elvis Costello on rhino, it turns out he's on a CD for kids called 'Martha Stewart Kids' singing From Head to Toe!

http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetai ... mber=78121
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Get out of town! Now there's two names I never would have put together - Martha Stewart and Elvis Costello.

Interesting find, Crow. :)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The text to this reads:

"Preschoolers may still love so-called “children’s music,” but by the time today’s sophisticated, media-savvy youngsters hit elementary school, they’re already hearing and getting into all kinds of popular music, thanks to radio, the Internet, and Mom and Dad’s CD collection. Time is the most precious thing we can give our children, and this special collection will help make the time you spend with them all the more memorable. Compiled with the direct supervision of Martha Stewart, Playtime is filled with songs that parents can enjoy as well. It features 14 tracks by acclaimed contemporary artists, plus Martha’s trademark project ideas and how-to tips -- all in a fun, colorful package.

[Tracks]

If I Were Made Of Metal - Patty Larkin
The Fox - Nickel Creek
Jump Up - Dan Zanes & Friends
Everything Reminds Me Of My Dog - Jane Siberry
From Head To Toe - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Love Train - Keb’ Mo’
Someone - Sara Hickman
Sunny Sailor Boy - Luka Bloom
I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis
Rollin’ Down The Hill - The Rembrandts
Mockingbird - Carly Simon & James Taylor
If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song) - Nanci Griffith
The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) - Harpers Bizarre
Jamaica Farewell - Harry Belafonte"

This is really interesting isn't it? Some of the tracks I can agree with, but how many of these "sophisticated, media-savvy youngsters" whose parents' time will "help make the time you spend with them all the more memorable" will really thank their parents for ECs version of FHTT? At least "Playtime is filled with songs that parents can enjoy as well". :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Truth is, Martha Stewart doesn't know squat about what preschoolers listen to, this was a money making scam like all her other ventures. :roll:

At least kids can get a little taste of Elvis and hopefully like him.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:shock: ....Who is Martha anyway? I sense vitriol on behalf of Spooky....... :D
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

Well, Spooky, Martha will need SOMETHING to listen to as she's decorating her jail cell!! (If there IS a God!!)
...even in a perfect world, where everyone was equal..
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

Well, Spooky, Martha will need SOMETHING to listen to as she's decorating her jail cell!! (If there IS a God!!)
...even in a perfect world, where everyone was equal..
Misha

Post by Misha »

What Kimmy?!! :wink:

LC, you better be kidding.......Who is Martha, indeed! :shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

No....I did a little google search, and I guess she's just an old tv chef...and she's on trial for securities fraud? Interesting....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Well, I suppose it's a bit more complicated than that, but for Americans I think a lot of people tired of her long ago.

I used to think she was so great, but then my opinion began to decline. I still use some of her wedding and recipe ideas when I coordinate a wedding or cater an event, but I can't stand who she has become in recent years.

Crow, did you see this story on her by chance?:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/stewart1.html
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Wow...she must really hate fences!

What has she become in recent years then Spooky? Just bad stories in the press about her being a horrible woman?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

laughingcrow wrote:Wow...she must really hate fences!

What has she become in recent years then Spooky? Just bad stories in the press about her being a horrible woman?
She's a criminal, laughingcrow. She's been charged with insider trading.

Read this: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay. ... tion=world
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read that blue, then did a little look around for stuff on insider trading...read what I found! It's amazing!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20030319/104808600007.html
'TIME-TRAVELER' BUSTED FOR INSIDER TRADING
Wednesday March 19, 2003

By CHAD KULTGEN

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

Sources at the Security and Exchange Commission confirm that 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin offered the bizarre explanation for his uncanny success in the stock market after being led off in handcuffs on January 28.

"We don't believe this guy's story -- he's either a lunatic or a pathological liar," says an SEC insider.

"But the fact is, with an initial investment of only $800, in two weeks' time he had a portfolio valued at over $350 million. Every trade he made capitalized on unexpected business developments, which simply can't be pure luck.

"The only way he could pull it off is with illegal inside information. He's going to sit in a jail cell on Rikers Island until he agrees to give up his sources."

The past year of nose-diving stock prices has left most investors crying in their beer. So when Carlssin made a flurry of 126 high-risk trades and came out the winner every time, it raised the eyebrows of Wall Street watchdogs.

"If a company's stock rose due to a merger or technological breakthrough that was supposed to be secret, Mr. Carlssin somehow knew about it in advance," says the SEC source close to the hush-hush, ongoing investigation.

When investigators hauled Carlssin in for questioning, they got more than they bargained for: A mind-boggling four-hour confession.

Carlssin declared that he had traveled back in time from over 200 years in the future, when it is common knowledge that our era experienced one of the worst stock plunges in history. Yet anyone armed with knowledge of the handful of stocks destined to go through the roof could make a fortune.

"It was just too tempting to resist," Carlssin allegedly said in his videotaped confession. "I had planned to make it look natural, you know, lose a little here and there so it doesn't look too perfect. But I just got caught in the moment."

In a bid for leniency, Carlssin has reportedly offered to divulge "historical facts" such as the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden and a cure for AIDS.

All he wants is to be allowed to return to the future in his "time craft."

However, he refuses to reveal the location of the machine or discuss how it works, supposedly out of fear the technology could "fall into the wrong hands."

Officials are quite confident the "time-traveler's" claims are bogus. Yet the SEC source admits, "No one can find any record of any Andrew Carlssin existing anywhere before December 2002."

Weekly World News will continue to follow this story as it unfolds. Keep watching for further developments.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Oh, I just found out that it's an urban legend...Im so gullible. :oops: :lol: :lol:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Weekly World News...... That's hilarious.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

laughingcrow wrote:Oh, I just found out that it's an urban legend...Im so gullible. :oops: :lol: :lol:
LC - they took the word gullible out of the dictionary. Didn't you hear? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Lipstick

Post by Lipstick »

I could never figure out Martha's appeal. I tried to watch her on tv a couple times, and through the mind-numbing haze I asked, "Why is this a show?"

Excerpt:

"Here are some exotic rose bushes my gardners planted. Now I'm going to show you how to plant one in your 12 acre garden at home."

cut

"WHO PUT UP THIS SET? I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU IDIOTS TO GET CLEAN DIRT. THIS DIRT IS FILTHY! BRING IN SOME CLEAN DIRT RIGHT NOW."
Don't bury me 'cause I'm not dead yet.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Canadian stations finally got the clue and dropped both of her shows. They claim it has nothing to do with the lawsuit, but that Martha has run out of appeal. :lol:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I'd like to believe that the February release date is accurate. But in light of the fact that they've previously been announced as coming in April, I think it's far more likely that John's information is outdated than that they've been moved up two months.

I'd love to be wrong.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I'm interested in why they've put GCW in with KV and AB...it seems obvious to keep them with KOA!

I guess EC has done the GCW liner notes before the KOA ones.

Don't you just love acronyms...ICD!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

ANCT, JE's Feb date was posted on January 8, on the same day as that article that says April. Not to assume that it's right or anything... I doubt it is. Where does he get his information from? You'd think that with a huge star like Elvis there'd be a press release or something...