Yep, Elvis and Diana are now married

Pretty self-explanatory
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

noiseradio wrote:Donnie Van Zandt. Ronnie doesn't produce anymore. He gave it up after producing Lennon's last disc, As it Turns Out, Jesus Is Much Bigger Than Me, Y'all.
Ya Know I was pretty soused when I made that post. I knew I should have stuck with my first gut instinct to pull out a Molly Hatchet reference.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... 8332188854

-Dec. 11, 2003. 01:00 AM

Costello, Krall `a match made in heaven'
Irish music star marries Canada's jazz diva

Wedding `wonderful,' guest Pamela Wallin says

GREG QUILL
ENTERTAINMENT COLUMNIST

"They wanted it to be a private event," Pamela Wallin said yesterday about the wedding Saturday of Grammy- and Juno-winning Canadian jazz diva Diana Krall and Irish singer-songwriter Elvis Costello at Elton John's estate outside London.

Wallin, Canada's consul general in New York and a former television talk-show host, was among 150 guests, including Paul McCartney, who were invited to the ceremony and pledged to keep the details secret.

"All I can tell you is that it was a wonderful event, a warm and personal ceremony," said Wallin, who has known the Nanaimo, B.C.,-born singer and pianist "for some time" and once interviewed Costello when he performed on her TV show.

"This is a match made in heaven. They are really connected."

News of their engagement — Costello was recently divorced from former Pogues bassist, Cait O'Riordan, his second wife, after a 16-year marriage — was confirmed in May by Krall's father, Jim Krall.

Her management company, Feldman and Associates, issued a brief statement yesterday through her parent label, Universal Music:

"Diana Krall and Elvis Costello were married in England on Saturday, December 6th. The wedding was a private event with close friends and family in attendance."

Costello made his career debut in the mid-1970s as an angry, punk-styled rocker but soon established a reputation as one of the most literate and compelling songwriters of his generation, spanning jazz, folk and rock. He was previously married to Mary Burgoyne, now a radio DJ in London.

After telling friends he would never wed again, Costello, 49, posted banns in Marylebone Town Hall, central London, in October. He met Krall, 39, at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles last year while he was still married to O'Riordan, and the two stars were rarely seen apart after November, 2002.

Costello's most recent album, North, was described in the British press as "a gossamer collection of supper club ballads about the disorienting power of love, inspired by ... the jazz singer Diana Krall."

The couple lives in New York and recently bought a home on Vancouver Island.

Krall, whose father is a fan of 1920s and '30s piano stylists Fats Waller and Earl Hines, began studying the piano when she was only four, and 10 years later was performing standards in a local restaurant/bar. In her teenage years, Krall won a scholarship to the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston before moving to Los Angeles, where she was mentored by legendary jazz bassist and former Oscar Peterson sideman, the late Ray Brown.

In the early 1990s, she moved to Toronto and recorded her debut album, Stepping Out, for the Montreal-based Justin Time label. In subsequent years, with veteran producer Tommy LiPuma, she recorded several groundbreaking albums for the American GRP and Verve labels, and in 1999 was awarded two Grammys, including one for Best Jazz Vocal Performance.

Krall's next album, The Look Of Love, released in September, 2001, was an immediate international best seller and won three Juno Awards. She received an honorary fine arts degree at the University of Victoria's fall convocation ceremony in November.

In a recent interview, Costello described their relationship as "a great thing" and didn't rule out the possibility of a future musical collaboration.

"Maybe we will (work together) in the future, but you don't want to do everything together. You want to keep it special, you know.

"Just because we're together doesn't mean we have to be the next Steve and Eydie, or the next Lucy and Desi."
Additional articles by Greg Quill
once interviewed Costello when he performed on her TV show.
What show was that?
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

He told friends he would never re-marry? That doesnt sound like him . . .

I guess I always took him for the "if at first you dont succeed, try try again" type.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

martinfoyle wrote:What show was that?
Pamela Wallin (one of Canada's more obnoxious people) used to have a talk-show here in Canada. A morning show I think.
Before moving into politics.

That's probably what they are talking about.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Here are details about the show in question. Certainly from the copious details on her website Pamela does seem to like herself. Whatever happened to Erika Ehm, Bluechair?

http://www.pamelawallin.com/pw_archives ... 14_17.html

-1999 06 17
Guest: Elvis Costello
Topic: Elvis is in the Building!
produced by Sandra MacEachern

Veronica ... Alison ... now Pamela. Elvis Costello weaves his musical magic. From the angry, cynical 70's to the nostalgic 90's, Elvis is alive and well, collaborating with everyone from Paul McCartney to Burt Bacharach in Austin Powers. An hour with the legendary Elvis Costello.
Misha

Post by Misha »

VG,

You said Pump(kin) Up!! heh, heh.......

(I can't listen to this song anymore without chuckling!! You have tainted it forever!!! :lol: :shock: )
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Re: Yep, Elvis and Diana are now married

Post by scielle »

Well, that's a decade.
All the best to them, and happy birthday to the boys.
docinwestchester

Re: Yep, Elvis and Diana are now married

Post by docinwestchester »

scielle wrote:Well, that's a decade.
All the best to them, and happy birthday to the boys.
Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans out there will know the significance of the tenth anniversary:

http://curb-your-enthusiasm.wikia.com/w ... %27s_Offer

It's actually the one of the main storylines for the entire fourth season.
veronicacostello

Re:

Post by veronicacostello »

Here, Here Misha...

And if that little fling he had with Oprah when she was Slim Fast skinny would have sustained itself, I'd be happy as pie here in Chicago!
???? !!!! :o