ELVIS NOVEMBER 2013 SOLO TOUR TALLY

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: ELVIS NOVEMBER 2013 SOLO TOUR TALLY

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:UCONN show of 11-21 (tentatively) adds NINE more!!! up to 158. :wink: :wink:
and LATE setlist correction from last night ALSO adds SUGAR WON'T WORK...up to 159 through show 14. incredible tour.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

D.C. adds two now totaling 161
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you good people know me. i'm like the brat who calls the rules as a kid because 'it's MY ball.' or MY tally. after viewing this little clip: http://www.youtube.com/v/7lk6v6FawJM
i have added 'YOU SEND ME' to the list before 13 STEPS. why??? because he SANG the song that night MORE than he did NOT. :wink: :wink:
162 and counting....
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Easton, Pa show sixteen adds TEN more. we now are at 172 with three shows remaining. 8) 8) 8)
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Nine new at each show and we'll end up with 199 songs :-)

I'm counting on a few real surprises like Shoes Without Heels (can't believe it was last played almost 27 years ago, at least according to Wiki) or unexpected covers such as Nick Lowe's The Ugly Things (never played before?).
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

This wiki listing of all the songs played is handy - http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _Solo_Tour
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

invisible Pole wrote:Nine new at each show and we'll end up with 199 songs :-)

I'm counting on a few real surprises like Shoes Without Heels (can't believe it was last played almost 27 years ago, at least according to Wiki) or unexpected covers such as Nick Lowe's The Ugly Things (never played before?).
i prefer EGYPT for never played or I'M A MESS. IMAGINATION IS A P.D. SATELLITE and 25 FINGERS!
johnfoyle wrote:This wiki listing of all the songs played is handy - http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _Solo_Tour
yes it is, but MINE is BETTER! :lol: :lol:

EGYPT edited burn out Benny being RUSHED by mrs. apostle
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Will we finally get to hear Sparkling Day? The rather sad lyrics would fit perfectly with the overall mood of this tour.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I should go to bed earlier, I just flipped through this thinking 'what's any of this got to do with Italy?' Doh!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
cwr

Post by cwr »

As far as never-before-played songs go, I'm holding out hope for the day he finally plays "Impatience" but I think that would be best served the next time he does a show with The Roots!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

how about his original C&W take on Bruce's "BRILLIANT DISGUISE" from the 'IT'S TIME' single 17 years ago...in New Jersey last night of the tour?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

cwr wrote:As far as never-before-played songs go, I'm holding out hope for the day he finally plays "Impatience" but I think that would be best served the next time he does a show with The Roots!
While pondering the same question, looking over rarely played songs on the performance wiki.. I came up with the same answer re "B MOVIE" :)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

The imposter wrote:
cwr wrote:As far as never-before-played songs go, I'm holding out hope for the day he finally plays "Impatience" but I think that would be best served the next time he does a show with The Roots!
While pondering the same question, looking over rarely played songs on the performance wiki.. I came up with the same answer re "B MOVIE" :)
good one IMP! i'll take it...my only one was a 1979 FAST take on it.
TW12

Post by TW12 »

The newspaper review for the Wilkes-Barre show posted in that topic may not contain a full setlist, but it does mention a couple of songs making their first appearance on the tour (Pardon Me Madam & You Little Fool.)

TW
veronicacostello

Post by veronicacostello »

For those of you who've been to multiple shows on this tour - has it been the norm for Elvis to invite the audience to gather at the stage during the last encore?
veronicacostello

Feeling a little sad about the end of this tour and hoping for added US dates in 2014. Any thoughts on the likely hood of that happening?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Well Veronica, if there is a 2014 solo tour (and/or a tour with The Roots) then it needs to be in the UK.

We need a tour a la 1986/87. One night with the Imposters, one night solo and one night with The Roots.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:Easton, Pa show sixteen adds TEN more. we now are at 172 with three shows remaining. 8) 8) 8)

WILKES-BARRE show number 17 this month adds 14 more....total different now at 186!!! is this is a masterwork of a tour or WHAT???
verbal gymnastics

Elvis - please end the tour having done 199 different songs solely that I can confirm my legendary status on this forum :lol:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Elvis - please end the tour having done 199 different songs solely that I can confirm my legendary status on this forum :lol:
I can visualize the scene tomorrow night in Morristown:

EC comes out for the final encore, raises his index finger, looks straight out at the audience with head and hat askew, shouts "THIS IS FOR VERBAL" and finishes the set with Sparkling Day > Pay It Back > Boy With A Problem.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

YEAH RIGHT VG!!! the guy who said THIS on OCTOBER 27th......
verbal gymnastics wrote:It's a short tour so I'm picking a meagre 99.

I reckon only a handful of songs from Wise Up Ghost will be played.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong on both counts.
PROVED WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS INDEED! what are we up to now, like 6-7 WUG songs???
all in good fun VG, at least MY first guess was 119...obliterated two weeks ago! hope you are proven wrong AGAIN with OVER 200! :lol: :lol:
p.s. PAY IT BACK is a shoe in for tonight or tomorrow...hopefully tomorrow! IMAGINATION IS A POWERFUL DECEIVER too.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

plus ONE in Morristown New Jersey night one gets us to 187. ONE MORE TO GO! cheers all. :wink:
verbal gymnastics

bronxapostle wrote:YEAH RIGHT VG!!! the guy who said THIS on OCTOBER 27th......
verbal gymnastics wrote:It's a short tour so I'm picking a meagre 99.

I reckon only a handful of songs from Wise Up Ghost will be played.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong on both counts.
PROVED WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS INDEED! what are we up to now, like 6-7 WUG songs???
all in good fun VG, at least MY first guess was 119...obliterated two weeks ago! hope you are proven wrong AGAIN with OVER 200! :lol: :lol:
p.s. PAY IT BACK is a shoe in for tonight or tomorrow...hopefully tomorrow! IMAGINATION IS A POWERFUL DECEIVER too.
I did cheat a bit later and change it to 199. And I am very happy to have been wrong on both counts.

Best solo tour ever. Who's going to disagree?
Heats101

Post by Heats101 »

{what are we up to now, like 6-7 WUG songs???)

Just wondering from attendees of these concerts how the WUG songs have been delivered without the backing of the Roots. Same pace and vocal as the Album versions or significantly different in any "acoustic" way ?
Good manners and bad breath get you nowhere
veronicacostello

verbal gymnastics wrote:Well Veronica, if there is a 2014 solo tour (and/or a tour with The Roots) then it needs to be in the UK.
Butbutbut…he hasn't been to Minneapolis in 2.5 years… :cry: