New version of Elviscostello.com

Pretty self-explanatory
cwr

Re: New version of Elviscostello.com

Post by cwr »

I hadn't realized that the EC Wiki site had done such a nice job of presenting EC's Vanity Fair 500 list:
http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 2000-11-01

ETA:
I also just realized that one of the albums on that list-- an album that EC was heavily recommending a little over a decade ago but I was never able to track down a copy of, quietly got a US release as an mp3 album via iTunes and Amazon in the latter part of 2009:

ZAMBALLARANA
http://www.amazon.com/Zamballarana/dp/B000S57SI4
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A email from info@elviscostellouk.com tells me -

The new Elvis Costello web site is now live!

Check out www.elviscostello.com for all the latest News, Features & Tour Dates for Elvis Costello

You can also find Elvis Costello on Facebook & Myspace.

along with this special photo -

blureu

Post by blureu »

I totally agree with this site enhancement suggestion.

http://www.blurt-online.com/news/view/3729/
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

sulky lad wrote:Alleluia - my wife has been to see Deacon Blue in the last 12 months and they managed to produce a CDr by the end of the show for punters prepared to wait 20 minutes whilst the car park cleared, so why doesn't Elvis do this. He must[/i realise just how popular his live recordings are if Hip-o can release similar late 70s shows so why doesn't he. I can clearly remember making my way back to the sound man in St David's Hall in Cardiff in 2005 to ask for a setlist and finding him removing a Cdr and putting it into a lockable case. When I grinned at him he just shook his head slowly .....

What I'd like to see and would willingly pay for (say $100 p/a) would be a site that offered soundboard recordings of all concerts to download, within the next day or so + other bits and pieces ie-radio/TV/demo/ interview whatever...this could either be free, or at a nominal price of a couple of dollars each, or using a credit system with the subscription fee.

Sure a lot of this would end up on dime or some other place within a day or two , but not all of it would and it'd be nice to find it in 1 place.

Maybe there are only 5,000 people worldwide mad enough to subscribe to that, but hey that's half a million dollars p/a !!

Either way the site should be administered by fans and not by some cyber whizz kid. With most artists, the fan sites easily
outstrip the official ones
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The official site is looking a bit basic -

http://www.elviscostello.com/
migdd

Post by migdd »

Looks as though a redesign is in process?
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

migdd wrote:Looks as though a redesign is in process?
Holy Christ. Another redesign? Do they get to claim website maintenance as a tax write off or something?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

It's back to the way it was -

http://www.elviscostello.com/#/
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

The Lies & Inventions page is now easier to navigate. I will now contrast and compare to see if anything's new and different...
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

There are subtle changes to page 19, plus an all-new page 20.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

I find the idea of an autobiography / biography called "lies and inventions" fascinating. Has anyone been through it to catalogue the lies and inventions? There is one, for example, on page 20 which says:
18th July 2010

At Villa Adriana near Rome, Hoagy Carmichael's "My Resistance Is Low" is included in the set for the only time on the tour along with improvised performances of the unfinished song, "Put Down The Glass" and the hymn, "Under The Spreading Stanley Laurel".
There is no such song as "Under the Spreading Stanley Laurel". Stanley Laurel was one half of Laurel and Hardy, the movie double act, precursors to Abbot and Costello. Which leads me to wonder whether there is also such a song as "Put down the glass"?

MOOT
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Man out of Time wrote:I find the idea of an autobiography / biography called "lies and inventions" fascinating. Has anyone been through it to catalogue the lies and inventions? There is one, for example, on page 20 which says:
18th July 2010

At Villa Adriana near Rome, Hoagy Carmichael's "My Resistance Is Low" is included in the set for the only time on the tour along with improvised performances of the unfinished song, "Put Down The Glass" and the hymn, "Under The Spreading Stanley Laurel".
There is no such song as "Under the Spreading Stanley Laurel". Stanley Laurel was one half of Laurel and Hardy, the movie double act, precursors to Abbot and Costello. Which leads me to wonder whether there is also such a song as "Put down the glass"?

MOOT
Personally, I think that's a great idea--sorting out the "lies & inventions". That would be a tricky task, though--some of them are probably pretty subtle. It would take a really seasoned, hard-core fan, or team of fans. John Foyle--You have the tools. You have the talent. Bronx Apostle--you have the awesome list-making ability.

A biographical time line, full of untruths--which says so, right at the start...I just love it! Hilarious! Elvis does have a fondness for riddles and mysteries, so it fits right in. Plus, it creates a sort of smoke screen which probably allows him a greater sense that he's protecting his privacy. I would love (I'm sure Elvis would, too) to see some of the lies re-printed in the mainstream media.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight