I'm So Tired. . . . .

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Well, knock on wood, but it hasn't been that hard so far. When do the shakes set in?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

noiseradio wrote:Well, knock on wood, but it hasn't been that hard so far. When do the shakes set in?
When you're out for a drink and you see someone lighting up.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

That makes sense. Haven't done that yet.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Speaking of drinking and lighting up, when can we put your cravings to the test? I'm patiently waiting for OA dates. Did you guys break up or what? :?

I'm selfishly craving some Oliver's Army action. :D
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

We are getting national ads (Aust.) telling us that soon cigarette packets will have grotesque pictures of what cigarettes cause. Rotting teeth, deteriorating lips, pictures of people cut up et al.
Last edited by bambooneedle on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rope leash

ominous hackings

Post by A rope leash »

The legality of hazardous products continues due mostly to corporate law. A corporation, as an entity, can make a product and sell it, and remain free from any criminal consequences resulting from its intended use.

Tobacco and all other substances should be legal, and anyone who wants to get hooked on that ignorant shit should go ahead and do it. Then, when someone's life is ruined or when they die as a direct result of continued use of the product, the maker and seller of the product should be held criminally liable, arrested, tried, and sent to jail if convicted.

If cigarettes kill people, then the folks that produce them should be tried for murder. Because they are corporate entities, they can get away with the heavy fines and carry on with the business. Making tobacco illegal won't stop tobacco sales, but holding drug-dealing individuals responsible on a criminal level for harm done to thier customers would go a long way in keeping people out of the business in the first place.

Let's start executing tobacco farmers. Or maybe we could spray some herbicide on their crops. Hey! Let's confiscate it, burn it, and auction off the farm for police charity! Then, we'll go after them booze-brewing bastards and settle that score...
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

bambooneedle wrote:We are getting national ads (Aust.) telling us that soon cigarette packets will have grotesque pictures of what cigarettes cause. Rotting teeth, deteriorating lips, pictures of people cut up et al.
Not to mention the talk of banning smoking in cars.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

legman open to offers wrote:
Speaking of drinking and lighting up, when can we put your cravings to the test? I'm patiently waiting for OA dates. Did you guys break up or what? :?

I'm selfishly craving some Oliver's Army action. :D
Our keyboardist hurt his hand. He's better now, and we have our first post-therapy gig on March 25 at the Lakewood Bar & Grill. I'm not sure of the time, but I'm sure that Mike will send out info whent he day comes closer.
--William Shakespeare