Hello...

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

howdy, libster!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudap?????!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I'm Extreme honey (some call me Extreme Thomasso--'cuz thomasso used to be my old name). I'm the one who usually starts shit around the board for kick and laughs and than has to apologize after the evil is done.
anyway... :roll:
So ya, I'm Exreme Honey and howdy. And don't say you're a baby just cause you are 28, I'm even younger and I couldn't live a day without MLAR (oh ya I Looooooooove MLAR). Now here's an important question: Are you a Pre-Trusty (someone who prefers Elvis' pre-Trust albums over his latter day albums)????
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
libster

Post by libster »

Nah, I don't prefer any EC era to another...I can't possibly choose out of so much great stuff...I love it all--aim, trust, juliet, delivery man, sogno, north....yaddayadda.

I'm just a big ol fan of the man.

Nice ta meetcha.
"Eternity stinks, my darling. That's no joke. Don't waste your precious time pretending you're heartbroken..."
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Mr. Average wrote:Welcome. I think it very safe to say that I am at or near the top of Who Shot Sam's "Looney" short list. So if you ever find yourself craving opinions that are diametrically opposed to the conventional wisdom of the forum, you can always PM me.

Eugene
The comment wasn't directed at you - honest. Don't be so paranoid. This idea that you are the only one on this board capable of thinking independently is misguided and deeply insulting.
Libster, so that I can clarify and not rile WSS's feathers any further (not sure where I EVER mentioned that I was the only independent thinker on the board...hey, I just checked, and I didn't mention anything of the sort!) I thought I could probably do a better job of introducing myself such that you can draw your own conclusions, instead of trying to interpret the spin cast on my message.

For the record, this board is the most heavily populated with independent thinkers than any other forum I participate in.

So here it is. I can undo myself just fine with the facts. No ugly spin needed.
1. I am a conservative and I vote primarily, but not exclusively, Republican. That is strike one.
2. I believe in God and in the power of prayer. I am a Christian and I do not cower from that belief and betray it for acceptance. That would be strike number two.
3. I am old. 48 years. That is probably past 1.645 standard deviations from the mean age on this board (95% confidence interval). That is a third strike.
and 4. I am a corporate executive. Since I have run out of strikes, I'll call that last one my "Clown Strike".

So at least you know where I am coming from. It ain't mainstream, baby. Not here. But it is my contribution, for better or for worse. I am an individual of strong personal conviction, but my politics have definitely been influenced by those who take the time to present a thoughtful argument and debate to issues. Unfortunately, and far too often, my remarks are met with vitriolic retorts and smarmy rebuttals that take the form of pee-pee-caa-caa name-calling versus intelligent discourse. I'm used to it, and I can certainly take it.

And WSS, for the record, to announce that I am at odds with the mainstream wisdom of the board is in no way paranoid. I consider it a merit badge of sorts. Just so we can be clear.

Go Angels.

And I hope that the baseball team of the same name also does well in the playoffs.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mr. Average wrote:And WSS, for the record, to announce that I am at odds with the mainstream wisdom of the board is in no way paranoid. I consider it a merit badge of sorts. Just so we can be clear.
That's not what I was talking about. I made a casual (and lighthearted) remark that we have our fair share of loonies in here, and you took it to be a reference to you. It was nothing of the sort.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Welcome to the board Libster!
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
libster

Post by libster »

Mr. Average wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Mr. Average wrote:Welcome. I think it very safe to say that I am at or near the top of Who Shot Sam's "Looney" short list. So if you ever find yourself craving opinions that are diametrically opposed to the conventional wisdom of the forum, you can always PM me.

Eugene
The comment wasn't directed at you - honest. Don't be so paranoid. This idea that you are the only one on this board capable of thinking independently is misguided and deeply insulting.
Libster, so that I can clarify and not rile WSS's feathers any further (not sure where I EVER mentioned that I was the only independent thinker on the board...hey, I just checked, and I didn't mention anything of the sort!) I thought I could probably do a better job of introducing myself such that you can draw your own conclusions, instead of trying to interpret the spin cast on my message.

For the record, this board is the most heavily populated with independent thinkers than any other forum I participate in.

1. I am a conservative and I vote primarily, but not exclusively, Republican. That is strike one.
2. I believe in God and in the power of prayer. I am a Christian and I do not cower from that belief and betray it for acceptance. That would be strike number two.
3. I am old. 48 years. That is probably past 1.645 standard deviations from the mean age on this board (95% confidence interval). That is a third strike.
and 4. I am a corporate executive. Since I have run out of strikes, I'll call that last one my "Clown Strike".

So at least you know where I am coming from. It ain't mainstream, baby. Not here. But it is my contribution, for better or for worse. I am an individual of strong personal conviction, but my politics have definitely been influenced by those who take the time to present a thoughtful argument and debate to issues. Unfortunately, and far too often, my remarks are met with vitriolic retorts and smarmy rebuttals that take the form of pee-pee-caa-caa name-calling versus intelligent discourse. I'm used to it, and I can certainly take it.

And WSS, for the record, to announce that I am at odds with the mainstream wisdom of the board is in no way paranoid. I consider it a merit badge of sorts. Just so we can be clear.

Go Angels.

And I hope that the baseball team of the same name also does well in the playoffs.
I judge nobody. I'm here to have fun. I figured it was a pre-existing conflict that did not involve me or my remarks at all, so I let it all go unanswered; I take very little personally....just here to enjoy EC with other fans. Belief systems and politics aside--music overrides them in my opinion.

Much love, kids....and thanks for the great welcome.
"Eternity stinks, my darling. That's no joke. Don't waste your precious time pretending you're heartbroken..."
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Mr. Average wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote:

Eugene

Go Angels.

He forgot to mention that he's Sagittarius!!
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:He forgot to mention that he's Sagittarius!!
Reminds me of Harvey Sid Fisher's zodiac songs. Jon Stewart used to feature these little gems on The Daily Show:

http://www.harveysidfisher.com/clips.html
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick