Elvis plays Englewood, NJ, Nov. 4 '13

Pretty self-explanatory
Throwrug

Re: Elvis plays Englewood, NJ, Nov. 4 '13

Post by Throwrug »

Hey,

Just wanted to share the link from Dime for the recording I made the other night...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... &id=470943

It was recorded on a Zoom H2 on the medium gain setting with front microphones only.

The show was awesome, not so sure the recording does it justice...but its my first attempt...so I tried 8)

Hope you enjoy..

Throwrug
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Throwrug wrote:Hey,

Just wanted to share the link from Dime for the recording I made the other night...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... &id=470943

It was recorded on a Zoom H2 on the medium gain setting with front microphones only.

The show was awesome, not so sure the recording does it justice...but its my first attempt...so I tried 8)

Hope you enjoy..

Throwrug
Thanks for sharing your recording. We need more NY area tapers!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i THINK (and i am almost ALWAYS correct!) :lol: that EC, still and will ALWAYS, remain a great LIVE singer. WHY? because before a problem arises, he KNOWS it is on the horizon and does ALL he can to adapt accordingly just WHERE he is going to arrive with his vocal delivery of the song. (never looking UP at a note, always looking DOWN at it, as his father taught him! :lol: :lol: ) YES, age HAS taken a toll and some songs are a reach for him now, especially in a most delicate SOLO acoustic setting. i too found a few songs, like ALMOST BLUE, to be his farthest stretches. subsequently, it was the FIRST time i ever saw that song performed in LESS than three minutes! was it horrible? NOOOO! was it the EC that can do it all??? NO!!! is that Elvis gone forever? NOOOO! will he ever have a fantastic night SOLO again? YESSSSSS!!!! we have gotten spoiled by having one of the best singers EVER that can interpret nearly ANY song in ANY genre. believe me, with the full rock n roll assault of the imposters behind him, Monday night would have been NO PROBLEM whatsoever. yet, we must come to expect these minor shortcomings in a solo acoustic setting periodically. would you rather have the same "SAFE" twenty four songs performed nightly OR the VAST opening of his songbook to hear nearly ANYTHING he has ever recorded or HEARD in his life??? please, again, remember, the song is NEVER ruined as he accommodates the situation as needed ALWAYS! JUST ENJOY!!!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Tris McCall is the writer of that brilliant Star Ledger review.
docinwestchester

johnfoyle wrote:Tris McCall is the writer of that brilliant Star Ledger review.
It was extremely insightful. So different compared to the typical cookie cutter newspaper review.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Some "fan" comments from the venue's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bergenpacfan

"Alice Anne Antoine: Was there in front row. Great show but didn't play my favorite, Pump it Up!

bergenPAC (Bergen Performing Arts Center): would have been tough to do it accoustic

Roxie Roach: No Pump it up! But it was a great show Steven van Zandt from the E street band was in attendance.. he didn't bring the Boss that would have been awesome"

Proving once again you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

MOOT
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i have a couple NEW analog fans from a COSTELLO facebook page:

among them, came this:

"Yes, I thought your recording sounded more like what you'd actually hear live. I deal with compression/expansion issues with hearing aids. I'm dealing with people who have a more narrow dynamic range (because of hearing loss). Digital hearing aids amplify soft and moderate sounds while compressing loud sounds -- which is effective when you're trying to hear speech. But the result with music is that the dynamics are lost -- it's just a wall of sound. Very loud sounds can be clipped, which makes sound distorted. Or if soft/medium/loud sounds are processed to be about the same level, then everything sounds muddy.

It drives me nuts hearing modern records, where everything is compressed. Everything just sounds loud, and it's very fatiguing."

A PROFESSIONAL speaks........... :lol: :lol:
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Bronxapostle was kind enough to send me a few mp3's from the show and I just can't praise enough their quality.
Excellent, crisp, warm sound and the feeling of actually being there and hearing it live.
Wonderful job. Thanks again, ba!!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

invisible Pole wrote:Bronxapostle was kind enough to send me a few mp3's from the show and I just can't praise enough their quality.
Excellent, crisp, warm sound and the feeling of actually being there and hearing it live.
Wonderful job. Thanks again, ba!!
why THANKS IP!!! so glad many people are seeing the value of TRUE ANALOG RECORDINGS lately! i would be happy to mail you all my shows when the three i am attending are done IP! thanks for your gracious words.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Photo - Benjamin Agostino
docinwestchester

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:ba's recording now on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=472850

this one for the analog crew. doc (WHO IS VERY BUSY UPLOADING MUCH FOR US ALL!) forgot to note that on MY version..CHURCH UNDERGROUND begins disc two. if the gentleman JohnE doing art for these November shows messages me, i have been sitting on a KILLER photo for the artwork on this one. thanks, ba p.s. if i know doc...you should have KINGSTON available too by Sunday.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Have to admit, though I am usually snobbish about analog recordings, this one sounds quite good to me! good job, ba!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks Dave...glad you've SEEN AND HEARD the light!!! :lol: :lol: now, go view my post at the 11-27 thread for a link to hear our band from 1988 doing a beloved tune...IF YOU DARE!
veronicacostello

Post by veronicacostello »

"Alice Anne Antoine: Was there in front row. Great show but didn't play my favorite, Pump it Up!
:roll:

Front row? Really?