Elvis when you least expect it

Pretty self-explanatory
Misha

Omnipresent Elvis

Post by Misha »

Ok, no joke here, movies showing on my TV guide at this moment:

Tart

Lip Service

Between this kinda stuff, History Detectives, Lost in Translation commercials...old reruns of Changing Rooms....

He is everywhere....it's mind control...and I like it!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
perfectblue

Post by perfectblue »

storm and i had met up in a downtown tokyo starbucks the other week so i could give him his tickets to next month's ec 'n' steve show. what song came on the moment i took the tickets out? alison. no way.
let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

*Sarcasm* No...not creepy at all..
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Ok, another movie title from my TV...

Impostor

So, that is three movies with EC titles, chicken or egg?
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Misha

Post by Misha »

An ad piece in some news program commercial....people auditioning for American Idol....guy trying--TRYING to sing the beginning of Alison....poor Elvis, hell I even sing better, and I don't sing....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
bobster

Post by bobster »

I was trying to identify some weird movie I saw on TV the other night, so I turned to the annoying, obnoxious "TV Guide channel" which was doing a "music round-up" -- imagine my surprise when I heard the annoying, obnoxious female host describing "North" and the whole downloading/DVD situation.

In a couple of days EC will be on with Regis and Kelly....for the coming week or so, when it comes to Elvis, when you least expect him, expect him.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Whenever you hear people start to sing the beginnings of songs a cappella, it's usually a pretty sad/flat sight. Have you ever had someone start singing Hey Jude to you? Yikes. The guy on 16 candles did it surprisingly well though...
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Anyone in the UK watch the BBC adaptation of Chaucer's A Knight's Tale...

Keeley Hawes was a woman being interviewed as to why she thought adult education of the inmates could make a difference...

her reply...

"What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding".

Love it when that happens... :D
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Regis spun a big prize wheel, and they played Oliver's Army. But now I know why I've never watched THAT show before! (other than I'm not home at that time)
InnocentMan

Post by InnocentMan »

I live in the home of a large college football team (American style) and the local AM sports program always uses the opening for "Pump it Up" every day on one of their breaks. I admit I am a freak for the team and get caught up in the talk but something about that opening wakes me up from my stupor and says "Yeah... Elvis.... come back to the living". 8)
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Watching The Detectives, Alibi and Busy Bodies -- all TV programmes on not too long ago. Nice.
BlondTrophyWife

Post by BlondTrophyWife »

Saw a commercial last night for an upcoming Bill Murray movie (forgot the name) and they were playing PL&U in it.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Lost In Translation. See the multiple "Lost In Translation" threads in this section and The Annex.

Bill Murray sings PL&U as karaoke in the film.
LessThanZero

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Post by LessThanZero »

What is this show on MTV?!?!? And why was it playing the "ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh" from "45"!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am shocked and appauled!!!

It's a dating show where a girl digs through 3 guys houses while they are locked in a room or a van or something.

Shocking!

Anyone see this?!??
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

It's called Room Raiders.

Shocking!
King_of_Spain

Post by King_of_Spain »

Elvis when you least expect it... Watching telly:

a) You are watching E.T. (the movie) and the stupid brat in that stupid movie about an aphasic and big-headed rubber freak sings a line from Accidents will happen.

b) You are watching Melrose place (yeah, I used to, I have to confess!), so MTV-ish, and a band plays Allison when the so called "Allison" character appears.

c) You are watching The Simpsons, and when Homer is going to do something (one of Homer´s) the musical line which goes with the action is the bass introduction of Jack of all parades. No other reference to Ec in that chapter, only that bassline, supposed to be a suspense music.

(And by the way, going back to the first post in this Forum, the Spanish Catholic Church -absolutely square, of course- has got an official "religious" hymn which is a version -a cover, we may call it- of the Beatles´ "Help!", just changing the lyrics. The translation of the chorus -Help me if you can...- goes like this: "Blessed who comes in the name of the Lord!". Promise! You see? Catholicism can also be creative! All Lennon´s doubts and existential desperation suddenly mended by God´s left-hand...)
Last edited by King_of_Spain on Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I name and number all the things you gave to me"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

KoS said:
c) You are watching The Simpsons, and when Homer is going to do something (one of Homer´s) the musical line which goes with the action is the bass introduction of Jack of all parades. No other reference to Ec in that chapter, only that bassline, supposed to be a suspense music.
I never noticed this episode King...which one wozzit??? That's one helluva baseline...wasn't it even used in :twisted: Friends :twisted: ?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

North in its entirety has been playing continuously on a national TV channel (SBS) across Australia in the last few nights. They close for a few hours and "The recording you are listening to is "North" by Elvis Costello" and where you can buy it from go across the screen over a weather map of Australia. Fascinating viewing.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

bamboo! you are so lucky!!!

I want out of the US!! Will anybody take me?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

LTZ: Well, DrSpooky is flying to Germany in a few days, but I don't know how they feel about Elvis there.

Did you have a particular destination in mind - or just anything out of the US?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

LTZ, just be sure it's in the Northern hemisphere. That's where EC likes to tour.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I think i'm going to move in next to blue so we can snowmobile all day and hunt those moose! :P Yeah, Christmas lights!!
bobster

Post by bobster »

So, "North" is playing on Australian TV at the same time as the idiot in chief, George W. just happens to be there.

Coincidence or sinister conspiracy? Any thoughts, Rope?
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

LTZ, you are welcome to come with me on my next overseas trip. i'm hoping for a long weekend in london in the late winter.

though, i really want to visit Berlin again. travel is good.

make sure your passport is up to date.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Yesterday, I was hanging out with this guy, and he had a Discman in his pocket that accidentally got turned on. What did it start playing? "Radio, Radio".