Drinking to Absent Friends

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Whoring Lawyer - s/he was a real gas! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
A rope leash

I thought J. Monk was the Whoring Lawyer...

Post by A rope leash »

Hey, you know, it's kind of scary. What if these people are dead, and we're "next"?

A bad novel, and a Movie of the Week!

The Message Board Murders

Val Kilmer as me.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Cope?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Cope?
He'll be fine. Probably sitting in a lap bar in amsterdam, dressed as a gimp and tossing himself off. :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Re: Drinking to Absent Friends

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Jackson Monk wrote:Whatever happened to.......

....the very beautiful gentle and sweet.......Lapinsjolis

She was dead sexy :wink:
She still is. I speak to her quite a lot.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

pophead2k wrote:Dr. J, where art thou?
He met us at the EC London show nearly two years ago and he's never spoken to any of us since!
verbal gymnastics

I wonder what's happened to bobster, Plaything, Poppet and Pip as well. I emailed and sent a text to Laughing Crow and can only assume that he's in love. If the relationship ends then we'll find out all about it. :lol:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
pophead2k wrote:Dr. J, where art thou?
He met us at the EC London show nearly two years ago and he's never spoken to any of us since!
Aww, no, London life got busy... and great...

It been a while since I checked the board on a daily basis. I got busy with work, I'm doing a Masters at UCL, I got married... so I've been occupied...

But really I kinda needed a break from Costello. I had spent a long time listening to him a lot. From being 14 years old he's been a constant presence in my music collection while other favourites drifted in and out of rotation. Other music took over, that's no harm. I did pick up the two live dvd's on honeymoon and I'll buy any record he puts out in the future, but I didn't obsess over The River in Reverse as much as I had over other records. Of course it's worth pointing it out that my version of 'taking it down a notch' with respect to EC would be the average person's example of being an 'obsessed superfan.' Elvis has left the iPod... for now.

I occasionally would lurk on the boards here but didn't feel I had much to say, I'll try harder, it was very sweet to notice I'd been missed.

So yeah, hi everyone, I haven't been a victim of The Message Board Murderer, sleep sweet everyone!

DrJ

PS I spent some time last summer going through a phase of MySpace fun, on my page I put up the Black Sails cover I did in 2004 for the tribute CD that never really happened. Enjoy:
http://www.myspace.com/jasongrayson
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Congrats on getting married, DrJ! Come back and say hi occasionally. :)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Yo Dr J, and we thought we'd offended you so gravely at Hammersmith you were never coming back! (I think that was the last we heard of you, two years back.) Taking a break from EC is no reason not to be here, but fancying a break is fair enough. I can easily go 3-4 months without playing a note of EC, but then I rotate all my obsessions. I might even go a week or two with no Ron, though he's in my head most days. I'm back into EC bootlegs now, loving the 2006 bootlegs. Nice to know you're around anyway, and big time congrats on the wedding. Nice stuff on My Space.

You weren't there for Ron at Bloomsbury Theatre last July, were you? How about at the SBE? Would love to have gone to that, but made up for it by seeing him in Cambridge.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Thanks for popping back DrJ.

And now we've got your MySpace address it should be easier to contact you for a London meet up :wink:
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Narbawlz sent some create personal messages and was a genuine dude. I am not certain whether he became sick and recovered, or his epitaph has been written. Based on the sort of funereal atmosphere that seems to sorround every mention of his name, he is regarded to more as posthumous instead of "off to bigger and better things".

Of course, in my context, these two are not mutually exclusive.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

in that case i would like to sincerely wish you bigger and better things mr average :wink: .
signed with love and vicious kisses
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Your total inability to treat decent people with civility and even a modicum of kindness is astounding. Enjoy your miserable existence while you continue to drag others into your own private hell.

I don't intend to join you there.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

try getting a sense of humour.
signed with love and vicious kisses