Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

Post by BlueChair »

I suppose all of you are too busy with your families to stop by, but I wanted to wish the Americans on the board a very happy thanksgiving!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

thanks Blue Chair. we are all sick but cooking anyway. here in america we like to celebrate the holiday by killing and eating an animal and then having pie. haha. I like to sleep. its one of only 2 days of the year I know I won't get a call from work
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Yes, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have been working in the kitchen relentlessly since early yesterday and hope to have the meal in the next couple of hours.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, crash. I've had a bit of a sore throat today but I really don't have time to do much about it. Besides, I have what I like to call "liquored up cranberry dessert" to look forward to. There's yummy ingredients which inlude whipped cream and whole cranberries soaked in amaretto. :)
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Recovering this morning from a dinner with 25 (!) of my girlfriend's family. Today we are foolishly going into New York City, along with 2 or 3 million of our closest friends.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

look what I made

yes, I am insanely proud of it.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

pophead2k wrote:Recovering this morning from a dinner with 25 (!) of my girlfriend's family. Today we are foolishly going into New York City, along with 2 or 3 million of our closest friends.
OMG. I pity you
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

crash8_durham wrote:
pophead2k wrote:...Today we are foolishly going into New York City, along with 2 or 3 million of our closest friends.
OMG. I pity you
OMG. I envy you.

Though I am living it up in the City Of Brotherly Love. I would move here in a heartbeat if I could.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

BROTHER LEE LOVE....BROTHER LEE LOVE..
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I kind of don't get the whole Black Friday thing. The crowds would surely give me a panic attack, first of all, or at least a bad case of the shoves. I guess if you buy your family plasma screen tvs, it's worth it, but my gifts this year are more of the "I made you curtains!" variety...