comedy central tonight?

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

comedy central tonight?

Post by bronxapostle »

anybody know what he did tonight? a song? or "WHO'S ON FIRST?" with mike myers playing the role of BUD ABBOTT? LET'S GO METS GO!!!!!!!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

He did a medley which included a couple of new songs, "Everyday I Write The Book," "Watching The Detectives," "Pump It Up," "Free Bird," and "Who Let The Dogs Out."

Really.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

are you joshing me andrew? did you see it on t.v.??? guess it will be "youtubed" by tomorrow! cheers, ba
And No Coffee Table

Honest!

Jon Stewart explained that Elvis' song was determined by the number of phone calls to the donation line. He started out doing a new song. As the calls increased, he started doing crowd-pleasing material like "Everyday I Write The Book," "Watching The Detectives," and "Pump It Up."

When the number of calls increased further, he did the REAL crowd-pleasers: "Free Bird" and "Who Let The Dogs Out."
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Fuck me, our Dec loosens up! A mp3 asap, sil vous plait.
bicyclops

Post by bicyclops »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Honest!

Jon Stewart explained that Elvis' song was determined by the number of phone calls to the donation line. He started out doing a new song. As the calls increased, he started doing crowd-pleasing material like "Everyday I Write The Book," "Watching The Detectives," and "Pump It Up."

When the number of calls increased further, he did the REAL crowd-pleasers: "Free Bird" and "Who Let The Dogs Out."
And at one point when the number of calls dipped, he threatened to do "a new song about the plight of Cornish tin miners".
goodbyegirl

Post by goodbyegirl »

I saw it. It was actually quite funny, especially when he sang "Who Let The Dogs Out." Looked like he was having fun.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Does anybody know if we will get this in the UK on cable? It sounded like fun.

I have to admit I thought you were joshing with the newbie at first.

Welcome bicyclops by the way! :D
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bicyclops

Post by bicyclops »

Thanks for the welcome, verbal.

When the show came back from commercials, Elvis was still playing, so apparently he played through the whole commercial break. Jon Stewart said something about the happenings during the commercial breaks would be available on comedycentral.com (or did he say iTunes?), so keep a look out for it.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Elvis' portion was quite amuzing, but not thought out too well. Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up was funny and Will Farrell did a great job as Robert Goulet. Every so often he would shout out "Goulet" as he was being interveiwed by John Stewart.

Welcome to the group, bicyclops.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Elvis was amusing and yes, it wasn't thought out... much like the rest of the program, as Jon Stewart had indicated. The highlight was David Cross..

Right now I'm listening to the live version of The Scarlet Tide from Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and I am wondering... where the hell was I? Oh yeah, sitting behind a machine, typing... DAMN.. I missed out! genius live recording... thank godness for ears and not eyes!
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I can't find this on youtube.com or at comedycentral.com where they do have some videos from this show. Has it shown up for download anywhere else?
And No Coffee Table

It loses something without the visual element, but here's an MP3:

http://download.yousendit.com/B4B930B56E0539D3
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Thanks, ANTC.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
And No Coffee Table

"Night of Too Many Stars" is now on iTunes (in the U.S., at least) for $1.99.

It includes a (nearly) full-length performance of "Pump It Up" which took place during the commercial break. Oddly, it's tacked on at the end of the show rather than restored to its original spot after EC's medley.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Very many thanks, ANCT!!
My life has come full circle and is complete now that I've heard a snippet of Freebird flutter from the great EC's lips. . .

it had to happen

Lynyrd is proud

the south's gonna do it again

roll on dixie chicken

pump it up. . .

amen and good night!
nobodygirl

Post by nobodygirl »

Both the funny bit and Pump it up are up on youtube
Your friends said you were better off dead
You were dead anyway from the start
--RA
seanpointblank

Re: comedy central tonight?

Post by seanpointblank »

This might seem out of the blue, but does anybody still have this? I feel like I've been trying to track down a video or even an audio file since I watched it live and have always come up short. Seeing him play Freebird and Who Let the Dogs Out was so surreal that I need to prove it even happened.