Bowie's hitting North America!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Bowie's hitting North America!

Post by BlueChair »

Here are David Bowie's North American tour dates:

Dec. 6: Atlantic City, N.J. (Borgata)
Dec. 7: Washington, D.C. (Patriot Center)
Dec. 9: Boston (FleetCenter)
Dec. 10: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
Dec. 12: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
Dec. 13: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Dec. 15: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Dec. 16: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun)
Jan. 7: Cleveland (CSU Convocation Center)
Jan. 9: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)
Jan. 11: Minneapolis (Target Center)
Jan. 13: Chicago (Rosemont Theatre)
Jan. 19: Denver (Fillmore)
Jan. 21: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowth Saddledome)
Jan. 24: Vancouver (GM Place)
Jan. 26: Seattle (Paramount Theatre)
Jan. 27: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion at San Jose)
Jan. 30: Las Vegas (the Joint)
Jan. 31: Los Angeles (Shrine Auditorium)
Feb. 5: Phoenix (Dodge Theatre)
A rope leash

Of course...

Post by A rope leash »

I see that he is totally avoiding the "Bible Belt". That's probably good, because people with one green eye and one blue eye are inherently evil, just like Calico cats!

Also, he's like, half-gay or something, right?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I'm straight, and I live in the Bible belt, but I'd go see him in a heartbeat!

But I suppose I'll be traveling outside the belt if I want to actually want to see him perform. :wink:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks, BC!!! That's especially important as I promised a dear pal a pair of tix to the Boston show, when announced, as a 40th b-day prezzie.

Just had my first listen-through of REALITY. It didn't wow me as HEATHEN did from the word go, but that may mean nothing. Some of the lyrics sound very cool, and DAYS was an instant addiction...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

bowie tix are on sale now. i got word about the presale wednesday, i think. i would have sent the info on to you, Mug, if i'd realized you needed it. sowwy. :(

website is http://cc.com/detail.asp?eventID=70398&PSEmailID=12546
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

S'awright Poppet (and the other poster who PMd me with the same info :wink: ). I got 4 tix for the front & center of the Loge (i.e., not on the floor). Decent. Would rather have had something in the first 30 rows on the floor, but barring that, these should be good!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Fantastic prezzie! It's going to be a brilliant tour, I just know it. I'm still exploring Reality, and like the Mug, it hasn't stunned me as much as Heathen from the off, and I don't think there's anything on it I'll grow to love quite as much as 5.15, but it's still utterly superb. It's fantastic to see this rejuvenation of his writing ability at this ripe old age. The whole LP feels fresh and vital. I just can't wait for Nov 26 to come around.
Joe Porterhouse

Post by Joe Porterhouse »

The man is amazing in concert. I saw him in '97 at a club that holds about 5000 in St.Paul.On this tour , he's playing a venue that holds 18,000 in Minneapolis, so I should feel lucky I saw him in a more intimate venue. Still, I'm quite sure I'll see him on this tour.