soulseek fellas

Pretty self-explanatory
girl out of time

soulseek fellas

Post by girl out of time »

hey everybody! it`s been a long time since i last posted....hope every one of you guys doin' well!

i know that the downloading issue has been a sensitive matter in this forum but this post is for those of us who do download. it`s been really hard for me trying to get EC`s most recent live shows (2005-2006). so if any of you guys who use soulseek (or other ) has any show from that period, please PM me with your nick and i will add you to my userlist. i have a few interesting things myself (such as shows w/ the confederates from 1987 and the rude 5 from 1991). my nick is big tears

cheers!
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

Is there a particular show you're looking for (or several shows)? If so, perhaps I (or another kind soul :) ) can upload them to DIME. At least there you'll have lossless audio which most people prefer. Just a thought...
charliestumpy

Soul

Post by charliestumpy »

I am often on Soulseek looking for 'odd songs' etc and have a few Costello-things which cover that period, although I tend only to keep '1st timers' etc rather than whole shows (apart from things like Stockholm 2005-10-10 Hans Christan Anderson). I have added your big tears moniker to my user-list. My user name there is same as here.

Although I agree in theory with aim of trying to get 'best quality' Recordings - FLAC etc ... - I am sure I am not the only one who has heard even an otherwise unobtainable low-rate e.g. 64 kps .mp3 being sonically/musically better than some pristine WAV quality file.

Re: Soul

charliestumpy wrote:.

Although I agree in theory with aim of trying to get 'best quality' Recordings - FLAC etc ... - I am sure I am not the only one who has heard even an otherwise unobtainable low-rate e.g. 64 kps .mp3 being sonically/musically better than some pristine WAV quality file.
It's not so much the charliestumpy's of the world that are problematic. It's the potential for people to download those tracks from a source like Soulseek who turn around and trade inferior quality copies to other people that is problematic. MP3's are great for personal use for obvious reasons, but not for trading. Live shows downloaded from P2P sites as mp3's can very well land in the hand of dolts who don't know better (or don't care). That taints the Elvis waters that we, as fans, take pride in. To use the water analogy, it's kinda like wizzin' in the pool - only with no chlorine to sanitize. That's TPPD's public service announcement for today. :)
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

thank you guys!
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Hi GOOT. I've missed you! Will Argentina win the World Cup?

Don't know if Dimeadozen has reached its qupta and won't allow more people on still or whether you'd get lucky, but that's the place to head for loads of recent EC, including the current Toussaint tour.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
charliestumpy

Problematic

Post by charliestumpy »

Whilst accepting that most human beings at time are 'problematic', I am convinced that the sum of appropriate human happiness is increased amongst other things by:

a) people releasing top-quality recordings for commercial/free distribution.
b) people sharing non-copyright music in any way whatsoever.

Once upon a time I too used to spend much money/time on noise-reproduction, then I discovered music.
Last edited by charliestumpy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Problematic

charliestumpy wrote:Whilst accepting that most human beings at time are 'problematic', I am convinced that the sum of appropriate human happiness is increased amongst other things by:

a) people releasing top-quality recordings for commercial/free distribution.
b) people sharing non-copyright music in any way whatsoever.

Once upon a time I too used to spend much money/time on noise-reproductiion, then I discovered music.
That's hysterical.
charliestumpy

Hysteria

Post by charliestumpy »

I am honoured to be personal target for some reason of turquoise pie jams invective.

There are FLAC etc shows CLEARLY LABELLED for people who want them, and CLEARLY LABELLED slightly more compressed/digitally adulterated formats for others.

When I first purchased CD eventually in 1985 I hated it, and I have accepted the nastiness of digital only 2 years ago. I agree it is convenient, and I use it a lot.

I have got over the evolution in e.g. analogue vinyl/tape recording, and have learned to live with e.g. CD.

I notice that a lot of people get a lot of musical etc satisfaction from 'compressed formats'.

I won't even mention meaningful 'double-deaf' tests where normal/golden-eared people cannot tell difference between original commercial CD and CDR burned up from compressed files.

I suggest that those who require/are kind enough legally to share CLEARLY LABELLED FLAC or whatever and those who require/are kind enough to share CLEARLY LABELLED more compressed formats be allowed so to do.

I note that a lot of people mis-use the word 'hysterical' and its root.

Many thanks again to kind people who have shared e.g. Costello songs with me/others on e.g. .mp3, WMA etc.

Re: Hysteria

charliestumpy wrote:I am honoured to be personal target for some reason of turquoise pie jams invective.

There are FLAC etc shows CLEARLY LABELLED for people who want them, and CLEARLY LABELLED slightly more compressed/digitally adulterated formats for others.

When I first purchased CD eventually in 1985 I hated it, and I have accepted the nastiness of digital only 2 years ago. I agree it is convenient, and I use it a lot.

I have got over the evolution in e.g. analogue vinyl/tape recording, and have learned to live with e.g. CD.

I notice that a lot of people get a lot of musical etc satisfaction from 'compressed formats'.

I won't even mention meaningful 'double-deaf' tests where normal/golden-eared people cannot tell difference between original commercial CD and CDR burned up from compressed files.

I suggest that those who require/are kind enough legally to share CLEARLY LABELLED FLAC or whatever and those who require/are kind enough to share CLEARLY LABELLED more compressed formats be allowed so to do.

I note that a lot of people mis-use the word 'hysterical' and its root.

Many thanks again to kind people who have shared e.g. Costello songs with me/others on e.g. .mp3, WMA etc.
I am well aware of the true definition of hysterical. However, I wasn't aware of the discussion board's ban on colloquial expressions. It's probably best for everyone that you simply calm down. I have not used any invective towards you. I ask that you please refrain from further vituperation. :wink: I am discontinuing further comments to you so the discussion board can focus on what's important - the discussion of Elvis Costello and his music.

Regards,
TPPD
charliestumpy

Music - Elvis Costello

Post by charliestumpy »

... including as legally shared e.g. via digital up/downloads.