River in Reverse DVD songs

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

River in Reverse DVD songs

Post by Hawksmoor »

Apologies for creating another RIR thread but I couldn't see any discussion of this in the main one... I plan to transfer the audio tracks from the DVD for any that are different enough to be worth hearing, but which are duplications of what's on the CD and which are not? I know 'What Do You Want the Girl to Do?' is (currently) unavailable elsewhere, and I do kind of like hearing 'The River in Reverse' with snatches of airport chatter and Allen's listing of his musical heroes over the top of it - seems to fit, somehow. But what of - for example - 'Stallion' and 'Tears Tears'? Are they identical (but foreshortened) versions of what's on the CD?
charliestumpy

TRIR DVD

Post by charliestumpy »

I bought the 32 min DVD version mainly to hear 'What ...' and to convert the 1 min 51 secs depicted (including intro...) to WAV/mp3 (something I did too with the Toussaint 'solo' instr. 41 secs 'Sweet Georgia Brown'. I am happy to have spent c. £7 more in real shop on DVD version than price at playcom/amazon uk of basic 13 track UK-US type release.
John

Post by John »

The DVD's a good companion to the album. Ascension Day at the end is simply awesome. Elvis obviously enjoys being recognised - walking through the airport with big coat, glasses, hat and just in case he wasn't recognised the purple bag with ELVIS on it.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

LOL. And there's that really nice bit in the taxi where Allen's talking about that band - is it Chocolate Milk? - and Elvis clearly doesn't have a clue but wants to pretend he has...