No
89%
I couldn't possibly say
11%

Total votes: 9

shabbydoll

Online Street Team

Post by shabbydoll »

Well, got my first email from these lovely people at Island. This board has announced more appearances then the now refurbished official website. No one has mentioned the Richard and Judy show appearance, so neither will I. There is no messageboard on the new, improved site. Guess it was too much trouble. A short snippet from the FAQ section,

What do I get out of it?

"First off the personal satisfaction of really being involved in helping out the artist that you like. It's great when everyone gets together and is a part of the success. Elvis Costello is aware that his fans are being asked to help and it means a lot to him. You'll also be able to compete for some cool prizes. Sample prizes can be free tickets to shows, autographed items, and MP3 players."
bobster

Post by bobster »

I smell boilerplate! (Well, it means a lot to EC if his record sells well, so it that sense it's true.)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Oh ye of little faith!

I wonder if they'll ask US what WE'D like out of it. For example a regular journal, priority ticket applications, discounted CDs etc.

Don't you feel better that you will have "First off the personal satisfaction of really being involved in helping out the artist that you like"

Elv - if you want to send me a personal Christmas card, my address is...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?